PDA

View Full Version : Dolls clothes advice

jadavi
18-09-2013, 03:42 PM
I suddenly have a lot of baby hugging little girls and I thought I should get some clothes.(sorry to be sexist but boys aren't doing the same in my house)
On eBay they all seemed to be baby born or annabel but those dolls seem to be bigger than mine which are 12 and 14 inches. Any ideas where I can get clothes? Nothing special just an assortment would be nice.
Anyone selling or any tips?

hectors house
18-09-2013, 04:01 PM
How about asking the parents if anyone can knit or has a clever granny? - you could buy them the wool - I think that knitted dresses, jumpers and trousers with elastic round and poppers or velco to fasten are stretchier than ones made from cotton - I hate spending hours dressing the barbie dolls!

k1rstie
18-09-2013, 05:11 PM
What about looking for very small new baby clothes. You can often get these in the sale at tesco's or mothercare. Another great place to look would be an NTC sale. It's that time of the year again!

These can often be smaller in size than baby Annabelle stuff.

blue bear
18-09-2013, 05:19 PM
Wilkonsons do a range of baby doll clothes for their brand doll, they looked smaller than baby born ones

wilko.com - Doll (http://www.wilko.com/search?q=Doll&setpagenum=3&perpage=12)

CH1957
18-09-2013, 05:56 PM
My mum has been knitting dolls clothes for me from oddments of wool she's had left over - gives her something to do as she's almost 80 now :D

As Hectors House says, have any of the children got Grannys that could knit you a few bits?

greanan
18-09-2013, 06:32 PM
I have manly 'real' baby clothes for my dolls. I've picked up early baby and small baby size clothes for them

clareelizabeth1
18-09-2013, 07:05 PM
My little boy was born weighing 4lb and all off his first clothes have been donated to mine and friends clothes. They were tiny baby size fit my doll perfectly. Makes me laugh as ds was to small for them.

SYLVIA
18-09-2013, 09:13 PM
I have knitted outfits for most of my dolls but I have lots given to me from the girl next door. She had the annabell clothes and also proper baby clothes.

jadavi
19-09-2013, 01:37 AM
Thanks

Some good ideas

loocyloo
19-09-2013, 11:03 AM
I have two little dolls ( 5" ) size 'carrie & christopher' that were mine when I was little ... but I have no recollection of them ever wearing clothes! my current LOs are obsessed by dressing & undressing dolls and so I have just bought some knitted outfits on ebay for them! I just looked at knitted clothes for the size of dolls ... so much choice and very reasonable prices too.

I did ask, but I don't have any knitting grandmas/mums etc and although I sew, I find dolls clothes too small & fiddly plus they need to be robust to stand up to childrens handling and I think knitted clothes do that well!

DD has several dolls that all wear real clothes! she used to love going round the nct nearly new sales and would get bags full for such little money! the best thing is ... the dolls don't grow out of them! I bought her doll a gap outfit I saw in a charity shop the other day ... denim pinafore with apples on, and an apple top underneath & apple tights. gorgeous and only £1.50! in the toy shop the dolls clothes were £9.99 !!!

Glitter
19-09-2013, 12:21 PM
It depends how old your mindees are, but they could make some simple clothes themselves.

My children raid the sock drawers for any with holes in, then cut them up to make outfits for their dolls and teddies. When I have had enough of all the tatty pieces of sock I throw them away and within a week my kids make more. We now have a bag for old socks they can use to stop them cutting up the good ones!

caz3007
19-09-2013, 12:24 PM
I have bought some bits such as socks and bibs and booties in poundland for my dolls