PDA

View Full Version : Scared about my pre registration visit from ofsted

charlotte nadin
18-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum, and i am looking for some help from all you childminders. I am scared to send my forms off to ofsted for my pre reg visit i really dont want to fail this as it is a dream of mine to have my own childcare business.

Do any of you lovely people have any information for me that can help me get through ofsted??

Thanks
Charlotte

scottishlass
18-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Hi Charlotte

I am in Scotland so don't know about ofsted but do know it can take ages so get your application sent in asap! If you read all the old posts about registering it will give you lots of tips - sure you will do great as you obv care! Xxx

littlebears1009
18-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Dont worry about it. I registered in july and had so many sleepless nights over my visit. Aslong as you follow your course material well you will do fine. My council told us that out of 270 applicants in previous 3 years only 2 failed, so thats an extremely high pass rate. If you have a passion for it im sure youll do fine x

natalieatk
19-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Just make sure you have all relevant policies...safeguard your house plugs blinds garden etc.. Make a all about me for children, contracts and info about yourself, have all you crb and first aid and relevant certificates ready... Do a bit if studying on the eyfs.....
They asked me lots and I was just nervous so even things I knew I didn't lol she was really nice and just typed in to her laptop as I spoke.. She had a quick tour of my house and got my cert about 3 weeks later!

Oh and risk asses everything!