PDA

View Full Version : Dividing Jobs

Memina
18-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Hi all,

I need some desparate advice pls.

Dh suffers from mental health issues whereby hes been unable to work for over a year so has been at home.

I registered him as my assistant so that he could care for our children and I could increase my numbers however this has always been when I really needed him and never a formal agreement.

Today he has decided that he'd like to take on more of a role in my business as we are expanding with a new assistant and looking into cominding too. However he doesn't want to be too directly involved in the actual care for the children.

So my question is what jobs can I delegate jobs to him. First one on the list is accounts which should keep him busy and school runs for my kids but what else.

Thanks

M

AgentTink
18-09-2013, 09:45 AM
I suppose there is some roles he could do such as sorting out lunch every day, washing up after breakfast, preparing tea things etc and as you say picking up your own children from school.

In regards to help with children during the day ask him what activities does he most like, and then dedicate that to him it may reading a story every day, it might be games in the garden, messy play, setting up a scene such as dinosaur worlds etc, making new resources out of boxes for example a masssive box he could turn into a toy garage. When my partner is at home these are the things he loves to do, and i find the children love the different ideas that come from a male perspective. Mhy partner is always making dens, and the kids adore him. When he comes in from work they all run to him and want to be near him for the hour before home time.

scottishlass
18-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Could you get him to do a lot of your paperwork sure of things? And also help setting up and tidying away xx

Memina
18-09-2013, 10:12 AM
I have thought of the paperwork but what? Accounts, invoices but what else?

I could find him jobs round the house to do like putting up shelves, painting, hoovering etc but just want to help him gain his confidence and keep him busy and also keep him out from under my feet!

QualityCare
18-09-2013, 10:22 AM
Sorry but l think asking him to do all the cleaning and DIY jobs isn't going to build his confidence, how about painting with some of the older 2yrs+ children he hasn't got to produce a master piece he will have fun its therapeutic as is sand and water play the children will enjoy having him join in mine love it when my 18yr old paints with them, also junk modelling, get some large cardboard boxes and let him and a few children go in the garden to use their imaginations. Good luck.

Memina
18-09-2013, 10:33 AM
I understand but at the moment he can hardly bring himself to be with his own children let alone childminding children.

He's scared of doing it wrong! Will need to tred slowly with that one.....

QualityCare
18-09-2013, 10:38 AM
Sorry after l posted l thought about it and did think that if he was very down it was probably to much to soon tell him with children there's no right and wrong just fun. Thinking of you and wishing you and him loads of luck.

scottishlass
18-09-2013, 11:26 AM
I have thought of the paperwork but what? Accounts, invoices but what else?

I could find him jobs round the house to do like putting up shelves, painting, hoovering etc but just want to help him gain his confidence and keep him busy and also keep him out from under my feet!

What about newsletters, the children's folders, planning and arranging special activities? It is hard to think off isnt it! Xx are all things that take quite a lot of time though! Xx

singingcactus
18-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Tell him to get on pinterest and find a maths, literacy, construction, science, outdoor, and natural activity or resource that would suit your group, and make it. He wouldn't have to play with the kids with the resources, but I know I would love to have someone else put in the research hours and setting up hours that I put in.
It'll take his mind elsewhere, and then later when he sees the kids enjoying the resources he researched, created and set up his sense of well being will slowly build and his confidence should follow.

scottishlass
18-09-2013, 12:22 PM
Tell him to get on pinterest and find a maths, literacy, construction, science, outdoor, and natural activity or resource that would suit your group, and make it. He wouldn't have to play with the kids with the resources, but I know I would love to have someone else put in the research hours and setting up hours that I put in.
It'll take his mind elsewhere, and then later when he sees the kids enjoying the resources he researched, created and set up his sense of well being will slowly build and his confidence should follow.

This is a great suggestion! Xx

sing-low
18-09-2013, 07:18 PM

And then get him to make sure that you have all the resources you need and if not, buy them. My DH is far better than me at tracking down a bargain.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-09-2013, 08:00 PM
My DH works along side me and he does all the cooking, clearing away, dinner time chat etc.. whilst he is doing this I do the paperwork. Mostly he sits and I work :)

Gret time for getting the garden up to scratch before the winter, resources sorted and cleaned etc...