PDA

View Full Version : Hope education bargain

Pudding Girl
14-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Click here (http://www.hope-education.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=35&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&categoryId=57893&parent_category_rn=57807&top_category=57801&productId=233665&parentCategoryId=57807&catalogStyle=preschool&categoryList=57807%2c57893&catType=)

Great price, and going to get one :)

( wasn't sure where to post this, sorry if in wrong part!)

crazybones
14-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Oooh I want one too. Fab price.

Pedagog
14-07-2008, 10:31 AM
That is a good price. Thanks

miffy
14-07-2008, 10:48 AM
Oooh I want one too. Fab price.

Me too - I must resist, I must resist

miffy xx

katickles
14-07-2008, 11:22 AM
Thats great - & wow, fab price!! Imagine how much that would cost in elc!

I have just ordered a catalogue, not heard of them before.

Thanks for sharing :)

Pudding Girl
14-07-2008, 11:27 AM
I want a book rack (http://www.hope-education.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=35&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&categoryId=57947&parent_category_rn=57810&top_category=57801&productId=21227&parentCategoryId=57810&catalogStyle=preschool&categoryList=57810%2c57947&catType=) and the snake seat (http://www.hope-education.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=35&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&categoryId=57942&parent_category_rn=57810&top_category=57801&productId=21543&parentCategoryId=57810&catalogStyle=preschool&categoryList=57810%2c57942&catType=) is fabby and sooooo cheap!

Blackhorse
14-07-2008, 11:29 AM
they are all fab!!!!!!
thanks for the link..

I will now go and hide my bankcard before I end up buying loads!!!!!:D

ajs
14-07-2008, 11:32 AM
oooh i love the snake seat and so cheap
but i mustn't spend any more money, spent far too much over the weekend

scottie
14-07-2008, 12:47 PM
thanks some really nice things on site:thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
14-07-2008, 12:51 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks have ordered a catologue

charleyfarley
14-07-2008, 12:59 PM
Great site. Snake seat is fab, I really want one.

Off to order a catalogue

Thans for that as I've never heard of them

Carol xx

ruby
14-07-2008, 03:20 PM
thank you

will order a catalogue

could do with the book rack

cathy

Monkey1
14-07-2008, 03:26 PM
I need to order the snake seat!!!!! Have to sneak my bank card back off hubby when he isn't looking:D I gave it to him and told him not to give it back even if i begged! and i cut up the credit card after i bought the stuff from tesco!:p

Monkey1
15-07-2008, 10:43 AM
GUTTED!!!!!!!!

Just phoned to order my snake seat, even thinking if i have to pay 6.99 for postage i might as well order 2. That price is for each seat segment, not for the whole snake! Thought it was too good to be true!
Not a happy bunny now so i am going to go off and SULK!!!!!!

Cammie Doodle
15-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Oh well monkey thats helped me decide whether to order or not :rolleyes No order from me

Blackhorse
15-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks Monkey!!!:clapping:

I placed an order for the snake yesterday online, so I just emailed them to clarify and asked them whether I can still cancel the order if it is only for one segment. Told them I thought postage was expensive but I also thought fair enough it will be a big parcel!!!

Hope they can sort it out for me

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Monkey1
16-07-2008, 05:48 AM
You know ladies, i have read , re read and re read the listing on the net for the snake seat and it doesn't state that its only one segment. It says they can be used individually or together. Then it states that additional segments are available separetley enabling you to create seating to fit your room and space. compleate length 3050mm.

I'm gonna complain! i will let you know how i get on!:D

Monkey1
16-07-2008, 11:16 AM
They have sold me one of the snake seats for half price as a good will gesture for bringing it to their attention! I think the words citizens advice and traiding standards did the trick!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Just goes to show...if you dont ask you dont get!:D

Cazz
16-07-2008, 11:23 AM
Good for you Monkey! It just shows that you should complain about things like that (dh hates it when I do, he is too placid for his own good!).

I wanted to order a catalogue as not heard of them before but I couldn't as it required a company/establishment name and as I'm not registered yet I didn't have anything to put in there :(

Carole x

Monkey1
16-07-2008, 11:26 AM
You should be able to order one as an individual.

Cazz
16-07-2008, 11:32 AM
You should be able to order one as an individual.

No, I tried that but it said that company/establishment name was a required field :(

Monkey1
16-07-2008, 11:35 AM
Make one up!:D

Cazz
16-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Make one up!:D

Oh er .... are you encouraging me to lie? :laughing:

Just had a thought - I'm the treasurer of the friends of our junior school so I could put that in! :thumbsup:

Carole x

Cazz
16-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Only joking, hate complaining, its too stressfull for me.:panic: So I admire you for doing it.

Oh I love to have a complain - I get it from my father! I am onto Heinz at the moment as I have been using Farleys First Milk for the past 7 months at an average cost of £4.86 a tin and now they have re-branded it as Nurture and it now costs £7.98 for the same size tin! Apparently there is a more expensive oil in it and the increase is also to cover the cost of the new design on the tin! (discovered this information on their careline but still not happy so now I have complained in writing!). I had no problems with the old formula or design on the tin so why should I have to pay £3.12 a week more!

Carole x

Monkey1
16-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Oh I love to have a complain - I get it from my father! I am onto Heinz at the moment as I have been using Farleys First Milk for the past 7 months at an average cost of £4.86 a tin and now they have re-branded it as Nurture and it now costs £7.98 for the same size tin! Apparently there is a more expensive oil in it and the increase is also to cover the cost of the new design on the tin! (discovered this information on their careline but still not happy so now I have complained in writing!). I had no problems with the old formula or design on the tin so why should I have to pay £3.12 a week more!

Carole x

That is disgraceful they can put it up that much! You go girl!

Blackhorse
16-07-2008, 01:24 PM
I just phoned traiding standards ...they will call me back this afternoon

I have ordered the snake online, but want the whole snake not just one piece for that money!! I sent an email to Hope education but they haven't come back yet.
Just want to find out where I stand here before I phone them....
as I (and others) are finding their advert very misleading ...

will keep you posted

Pudding Girl
16-07-2008, 01:34 PM
GUTTED!!!!!!!!

Just phoned to order my snake seat, even thinking if i have to pay 6.99 for postage i might as well order 2. That price is for each seat segment, not for the whole snake! Thought it was too good to be true!
Not a happy bunny now so i am going to go off and SULK!!!!!!

oh no they haven't made that at all clear in the blurb have they? I scrutinised it and again and again :( *huffs*

Monkey1
16-07-2008, 01:35 PM
I just phoned traiding standards ...they will call me back this afternoon

I have ordered the snake online, but want the whole snake not just one piece for that money!! I sent an email to Hope education but they haven't come back yet.
Just want to find out where I stand here before I phone them....
as I (and others) are finding their advert very misleading ...

will keep you posted

If you get yours for that then i want a refund on my half price one!:laughing:

Blackhorse
16-07-2008, 01:47 PM
I am really curious what ts will say about the advertisement though..
I will ask them re your half price

Rubybubbles
16-07-2008, 01:54 PM
also with the snake, there is no colour choice so another way of saying how can it all be different:thumbsup: worth a try girlies!

looks fab though:D

Blackhorse
16-07-2008, 01:57 PM
also with the snake, there is no colour choice so another way of saying how can it all be different:thumbsup: worth a try girlies!

looks fab though:D

exactly!!

just phoned them
they want me to send in the add and they will investigate.
they won't be able to tell me anything beforehand

now I feel bad for complaining..not sure why :(

Blackhorse
16-07-2008, 01:58 PM
meant to say trading standard phoned me back..silly me

Blackhorse
16-07-2008, 02:21 PM
ok,
I just phoned hope education as they did not reply to my email yet.
They said there was a problem with the code and the whole snake should be 80 something pound.
I said it was nowhere visible on the page and that I ordered it in good faith of their page etc..
she said she can go ahead and cancel the order.
I said that that was ok as I didn't want to spend that much money but that I would speak to traiding standards about it as it is very misleading
at this point she asked to speak to a colleague to see what she could do for me
5 mins later she came back on the phone asked if I phoned already this morning!! (monkey I guess that was you!!) so I said no. Had to confirm all my details again. she then said they will have an offline discussion there and they will get back to me. I then asked straight away when and she said definately before the end of the week!
I wonder what they will do now..have a big crisis snake meeting:eek:

I usually don't even complain about anything much in the consumer world so this is all new to me...let's see what will happen

But I guess it is good practice to taughen up a bit for future mindee's parents!!:D

Monkey1
16-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Well done Nicole! I will be interested in what they say. As there is no connection with us ie address we will be able to work together and get them to back down!

Never underestimate..................................... .............
CHILDMINDER POWER!!!!!!

manjay
16-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Can't even see what you are all talking about as the page seems to have disappeared:rolleyes:

Blackhorse
16-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Yep, just checked the page and they have taken the snake of it!!
:laughing: :laughing:

I am still wondering what they will come back with...
Just as well I took a screenshot of it today...good advice Monkey!!:thumbsup:
(like your pic too!!)

I suppose the fact that they have taken the snake off the page means that there is something now quite right with the way they have been advertising there..

will keep you posted!!

Rubybubbles
16-07-2008, 09:29 PM
excellent girlies you must be on to something if they have taken it offline

whooohoooo keep us posted on snake gate:laughing:

Monkey1
17-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Yep, just checked the page and they have taken the snake of it!!
:laughing: :laughing:

I am still wondering what they will come back with...
Just as well I took a screenshot of it today...good advice Monkey!!:thumbsup:
(like your pic too!!)

I suppose the fact that they have taken the snake off the page means that there is something now quite right with the way they have been advertising there..

will keep you posted!!

I have a printed copy of it if you need it!:D