PDA

View Full Version : Why am i always fighting with myself :/

Mrs Dolphin
17-09-2013, 12:23 PM
I look after a little boy who I am finding really hard work. He is 15 months old and needs 100% attention else he just screams. I feel I am not giving my other mindees enough attention as I am always having to sort this lo out. I hate to admit defeat but I really don't think it is working out, tbh I dread the days he attends :(

I just feel so guilty giving notice, don't know how to word it or when to do it and now today when pushing the pushchair he stuck his leg out the side just as we were going through a narrow lane and I caught his leg. I feel terrible, it is just a little graze but I still feel awful.

Now I can't exactly hand over the accident form and notice all at once can I. I always seem to fight with myself over these things. I cannot say the word N O!!

VeggieSausage
17-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Have you discussed the problems with the parents in a honest but tactful way. I had one like this, in the end I had a honest conversation with them and we agreed an action plan, I gave one month to try and sort it out, reporting back to them daily/weekly on how it was going and after another month of high pitched screaming he then bit my dd and I gave notice asap, knowing I had tried everything. If however you have had enough - give notice asap it will improve your life. Mine was so quieter when they had gone and I wished I hadn't suffered for so long....

Mrs Dolphin
17-09-2013, 01:20 PM
He is the same at home, mum says just to ignore when he's being a winge, but I don't feel happy to do that.

kellyskidz!
17-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Could you last another day? Give accident form today then write up notice tonight and give when he's next in?
I'm with you, I wouldn't like to give accident form with notice lol, would make me feel uncomfortable
I don't blame you for wanting to give notice either, when you know, you know and if its impacting other children its probably time to call it a day. Good luck xx

Kirstylob
17-09-2013, 05:25 PM
If he screams at home is it for attention? Does mum pick him up/give attention when he screams or does she do as she's suggested you do and ignore him? Maybe he's learnt that the screaming gets him what he wants and that's why he does it. At 15 months he also doesn't have the vocabulary to be able to tell you what's wrong or what he wants. Maybe its partly frustration. You say you feel you can't ignore him, Maybe have another chat with mum and agree a strategy of ignoring - almost like controlled crying in babies. Set a time limit of a month and see if he improves. Good luck x