PDA

View Full Version : Lack of enquiries across the board?

itsybitsyteeny
17-09-2013, 11:12 AM
Anyone else finding enquiries are lacking? Very slow going here and have been hearing others saying the same.

Glitter
17-09-2013, 11:20 AM
I have had six enquiries in the last two weeks!

Before that I hadn't had an enquiry for four months.

I find enquiries always come in groups.

Mouse
17-09-2013, 12:24 PM
It's been very busy with enquiries here for the last few week, but it was pretty quiet before that.

fionamal
17-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Its dead up here just now. Have found that most people are using family to save money.

Hope it picks up as im only working 2 full days per week and 1 afternoon just now

itsybitsyteeny
17-09-2013, 01:09 PM
Its dead up here just now. Have found that most people are using family to save money.

Hope it picks up as im only working 2 full days per week and 1 afternoon just now

Yes same hours here but only 1 mindee! Seems people using family too to save.

kellib
17-09-2013, 01:11 PM
Yep, really quiet here too. I have one pre school place available for 3 days but I cannot fill it, most people want days I can't/won't do or hours that wouldn't be worth my while (one woman wanted to send her LO for 1 hour a day!)

Obviously when I had no spaces I had loads of phone calls!

kellyskidz!
17-09-2013, 01:13 PM
Yep quiet here too, all minders commenting on it. I also think people are using family or friends to save some money, which you can't really blame them for just worrying times for some xx

scottishlass
17-09-2013, 01:41 PM
There had been loads of enquiries for most of aug and beg of sep but they have quietened over last couple of weeks xx

Ripeberry
17-09-2013, 02:09 PM
One thing I've noticed over the last year or so is how many grandparents are taking little ones to softplays, when you hardly ever saw any before. No problem with that but when little Johnny gets stuck at the top of a tall bit, it's not good for the grandparent to have to try and climb up there to rescue the child. But there are usually younger people around to help them out.
I've had a few calls but it's for silly hours either more than 12 hrs every day or just one hour a week! The longer hours call I could not help as it clashed with my ratios :(

VeggieSausage
17-09-2013, 02:51 PM
lots of after schoolies here which i don't want.....but I have had a few others recently.....have you go ta fb page, website and things?

mysuri
17-09-2013, 03:05 PM
I'm newly registered and need tips! There are a lot of cm in my town as its pretty big- the "better" ones have waiting lists... How do I even get one child let alone have a waiting list?!! I've put posters up, handed out business cards, on pacey, my FIS. Meant to be adding me this week, on childcare.co.uk and have fb page,...what else Can I do!! X

kellyskidz!
17-09-2013, 04:32 PM
I'm newly registered and need tips! There are a lot of cm in my town as its pretty big- the "better" ones have waiting lists... How do I even get one child let alone have a waiting list?!! I've put posters up, handed out business cards, on pacey, my FIS. Meant to be adding me this week, on childcare.co.uk and have fb page,...what else Can I do!! X

Sit back and wait, it'll happen! Ask friends to spread the word for you, at work, to their family etc
The best advertising is by word of mouth, people recommending you rather than a parent reading a flyer which they may forget about ten mins later
Having said that though its worth advertising anyway because if even one parent picks up a card it's worth it
Have you asked to put flyers up in community centres, libraries, shops, schools etc
All worth a go xx

mysuri
17-09-2013, 04:41 PM
Sit back and wait, it'll happen! Ask friends to spread the word for you, at work, to their family etc
The best advertising is by word of mouth, people recommending you rather than a parent reading a flyer which they may forget about ten mins later
Having said that though its worth advertising anyway because if even one parent picks up a card it's worth it
Have you asked to put flyers up in community centres, libraries, shops, schools etc
All worth a go xx

Yes have advertised a few places! I think u r right word of mouth will prob b my best bet! X

Glitter
18-09-2013, 09:32 AM

I had the most enquiries from leaflets and business cards left in local cafes.

I went to a different cafe every morning for a couple of weeks and had a coffee and some cake. If it seemed to be child freindly I asked to leave some leaflets. Most places were happy to do it and I got to go out and have cake!

So far had about six enquiries from just one cafe where a lot of local Mums go to meet up with friends.

JCrakers
18-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Its very strange around here. I go for more than a year with no enquiries and then have 2 or 3 in a month. Im full so have been passing enquiries on to a new minder up the road who know has quite a few :D

But you can guarantee that next year when I have 2 leaving for school that I wont be able to fill spaces. :rolleyes: Although i do have two Mums expecting so that might work out.

I just need to find a way to get parents to keep breeding :thumbsup: which then guarantees me work. :D

mysuri
24-10-2013, 10:34 AM
Still no enquiries here! It's v v quiet :( feel like I've spent all this money and done loads of work for nothing ;( sorry down day today :( x

tas
27-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Very quiet here too and I have some leaving over the next weeks/months :(

I've only had one enquiry in months and that was a message on the answer phone asking me to call back but they never left a contact number... typical! :rolleyes:

clairer
27-10-2013, 08:06 PM
It is always fits and starts..very very busy with enquiries March to Sept and now totally dead!