14-07-2008, 09:52 AM
silly questions coming up sorry..

Am I allowed to look after Over 8's?

Do I need to be reg'd for over 8's?

x
aly

Heaven Scent
14-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Yes you are allowed to have over 8's. In thoery you can have as many as you like on top of your quota of under 8's but your insurance will restrict you NCMA allow you to have 11 under 16's including your own and MM allow you to have 10 including your own so there you are - ie I'm with MM and my 2 are 10 & 12 so I can have my 6 under 8's my 2 and 2 over 8's or you can cut down on the under 8's and have more over 8's it all depends on what enquiries you have and the children you already have that have grown up with you iyswim. - I hope this is of some help to you. - I have to say I don't have this many at all as it would be mad I think. I'm not sure how it would work on days when my DH was at home and was in charge of my 2 if I then could take on 2 more as I would not be looking after my own as he usually takes them out places after school so he can get away from the maddness of tea time.

Pudding Girl
14-07-2008, 10:12 AM
If you want to concentrate on only over 8s, then no you don't at present need to be registered ( which is madness IMHO!) although there is this voluntary reg scheme, details on Ofsted site.

aly
14-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks both yes it does help.

[im in wales btw]
It's just my friend has asked if I could have her son 1 day a week .

I'm not actually registered yet as im in pre-reg. I dont want to just concentrate on over 8's [like you said it would be madness :laughing:]

just her son for a little while .