PDA

View Full Version : What forms?

maple
16-09-2013, 11:30 AM
I had a LO sent to me this morning. by 8.30am they had been sick so contacted mum to collect her. Mum finally got to me about 10ish and took home and I then got other LO in my car and began to drive to Library which is where we had planned to go. As I got to top of main road I notice mum of the other LO had hazard warning lights on and had pulled over she was getting out of car. I pull up behind her making safe to get out. The LO had had a funny turn in the car (gone vacant and unresponsive, mum said head was back, eyes wide open not blinking and wouldn't respond to name, tapping of leg or anything). By time I got out of my car and next to them LO was ok. (they have had febrile convulsion before) I followed mum home. We took temp which was fine, but LO was not self and lips kept going blue. After speaking to an off duty paramedic Advice was to take to A&E to get checked. I took mum and LO to A&E and stayed with them till dad arrived, as,as you can imagine mum in a bit of a state.

My question is I want to record as a incident. I use PACEY paperwork would you put it down on accident or incident record sheet or just make a not of it in my diary?

hectors house
16-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I would log it as an incident - if the parent had arrived even a little later than she did, you could have easily had the child experience a convulsion with you. Does the parent work a long way away - just wondering why it took an hour and half to collect little one? Maybe the parent needs to give an emergency contact who lives or works closer as that kind of delay especially with child vomitting is bad enough but with threat of convulsion too! Hope everyone concerned are ok, must have been a shock for you all. :)

MessybutHappy
16-09-2013, 11:49 AM
I'd log it too, I think as an incident. Kinda doesn't matter what you call it, but it's definitely a good idea to record what's happened and what you've done. Well done you too! You kept calm in what must have been a very difficult situation!

sarah707
16-09-2013, 05:00 PM
Hugs xx

I'd log it as an incident - just the basic outline like you've done here.

I hope lo is ok x

maple
16-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Thanks for advice everyone. LO was sent onto children's ward and were baffled as to why absences were happening with no temp. ECG and bloods done but all fine. Have said if happens again will begging to question epilepsy :-(

Mum been told to monitor and observe.

scottishlass
16-09-2013, 09:59 PM
Hope lo is ok xx

mpullen17387
17-09-2013, 03:20 PM
My daughter has absence epilepsy aka petit mal. It is not a very common form of epilepsy and my daughter used to have over 100 fits a day. It took me 2 years to get her diagnosed as its not a common fit. Mum can insist on brain scan which will pick it up. It can be something they can grow out of, but early diagnosis is vital due to learning difficulties, for example, missing chunks of their day, so missing vital instructions.

I have only said this as the symptoms you described is what my daughter has x