PDA

View Full Version : Internet risk assessment

carli16
16-09-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi...I have a Facebook Page where daily activities and pictures of what the children have made etc are posted. The parents and anyone looking at my setting can see what the children have been up to and is a great way for parents who work full time to see what the children have been up to. No locations, times or pictures of the children are shown, but is there a risk assessment template out there to clarify the safety of the pages that someone can forward me? Many thanks.

sarah707
16-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Just say what you have said here - no photos of children's faces therefore it's secure :D

Bluebell
16-09-2013, 05:11 PM
ooh can I ask a question leading on from this then please? Hope you don't mind me butting in?

I have a facebook page as you do Carli and don't show children's faces. However I also have a parents page that only parents can see (and other carers such as grandparents) this does show the faces of children but is a 'secret' group. so the only people that can see it is parents. I explain this on the consent form but all parents can see it. Does this need some kind of risk assessment?

Also what about the online learning journals you can do? This has secure online access for only parents that they log on to - should we have some kind of risk assessment for that?

And finally - e-mails. When I worked with the childrens centre recently I wasn't allowed to put the childrens names in the e-mails, I could only refer to them by their initials. Does this mean I should be considering this with all e-mails? What if I want to share a PDF or word document that has details about their learning journal and send it to another setting. Are e-mails 'safe' or should they be seen as a huge risk in case someone else can access them? Personally I trust e-mails but others seem not to - just wondered if there was some specific guidelines or rules.

carli16
24-09-2013, 09:34 PM
ooh can I ask a question leading on from this then please? Hope you don't mind me butting in?

I have a facebook page as you do Carli and don't show children's faces. However I also have a parents page that only parents can see (and other carers such as grandparents) this does show the faces of children but is a 'secret' group. so the only people that can see it is parents. I explain this on the consent form but all parents can see it. Does this need some kind of risk assessment?

Also what about the online learning journals you can do? This has secure online access for only parents that they log on to - should we have some kind of risk assessment for that?

And finally - e-mails. When I worked with the childrens centre recently I wasn't allowed to put the childrens names in the e-mails, I could only refer to them by their initials. Does this mean I should be considering this with all e-mails? What if I want to share a PDF or word document that has details about their learning journal and send it to another setting. Are e-mails 'safe' or should they be seen as a huge risk in case someone else can access them? Personally I trust e-mails but others seem not to - just wondered if there was some specific guidelines or rules.

If you give your Development Officer a call, she will inform you about registering with Data Protection to cover urself and the permission slips needed x

carli16
24-09-2013, 09:40 PM
If you contact your Development Officer, she will give u details of registering with Data Protection for this I have since found out x