PDA

View Full Version : grrrrrrrrrrrrrr, monday morning moan

ziggy
16-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Dont you just hate it when parents dont/wont take control?????

2 brothers (4 and 3yrs) just arrived. Ringing bell over n over, came running in without removing shoes, ran into bedroom looking for toy boxes, throwing football bought from home, throwing spare clothes bag etc etc etc:angry::angry::angry:

So I told them to stop throwing things in my house, gave football back to mummy and showed her the door.

Not a good start to the day. Dont agree with making parents do hand over at front door but can see sense in the idea

now another cup of earl grey and i will be fine:laughing:

Memina
16-09-2013, 07:55 AM
I always do hand over at the door in my porch for some of your reasons too.

However do invite parents in for a cuppa every so often but learned not to do that on a Friday as they never left until way past 7pm and I was meant to finish at 4pm

KAZBAZ55
16-09-2013, 12:12 PM
I take control as soon as they get here regardless of the parent staying or not. Otherwise it confuses the children as to who is in control so if they are at mine im in control. Works well & parents happy with it as they know where they stand so to speak too. It lets them off the hook!!!! :rolleyes:

donna porter
16-09-2013, 12:20 PM
I have a girl that plays up as soon as mum comes to lift her. I always remain in charge until she is out the door . I have to say mum is pretty good tho