PDA

View Full Version : High backed booster

sprinkles
15-09-2013, 10:58 PM
What age are these car seats for? I've seen one for sale on my local gumtree, it's a nania one and the back comes off to leave just booster. They've put in the advert 9-18kg but when I google that it says up to 4 years??? I get confused going by weight! It has a 5 point harness too....

tulip0803
16-09-2013, 12:39 AM
It sounds like one that I have - if the back comes off they can be used up to 11 years. You can also take the 5 point harness off and it an be used with a 3 point belt. My 9 year old sat in a backed booster, on the 3 point belt, to go on holiday as we were travelling by motorway and I wanted her to have the side protection.

I keep my mindees in the 5-point harness as long as possible - at least until they go to school but I find that most of my little ones are too small for these seats as their heads don't go up between the head protection bits and if they have the adjustable headrests the plastic is level with the side of their heads. I would put a small one in a big car seat.

sprinkles
16-09-2013, 07:11 AM
That's what I thought! I was looking at it for the 8 year old I have as knew I needed a high back booster for her so was mega confused when they put those weights on.

Chatterbox Childcare
16-09-2013, 07:25 AM
You can get the graco ones in Asda for £25 and three point harness ones in Kiddicare for £34.00.

Can you guarantee that a second hand seat (whatever sort) has not been in an accident? You won't see any cracks on the surface but it might not hold up if you have an accident. Is the risk worth it?

Becci26
16-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Secondhand car seats aren't recommended as unless u know the history u can't guarantee they haven't been in an accident.
You can get brand new ones really cheap, personally I prefer recaro seats as they appear to be strong with good padding, quite pricy but its one thing we don't scrimp on, you can never be too careful :)

smurfette
16-09-2013, 08:20 AM
There was a recall on a nania seat recently might be worth a google

clareelizabeth1
16-09-2013, 11:18 AM
Kiddicare currently selling a britax high back boster for £30 free postage.