PDA

View Full Version : not a good end to week

christine84
15-09-2013, 07:41 PM
My daughter had as asthma attack on friday it started the night before but I assumed with the inhaler would get better. Anyhow so friday she was still wheezing and by 3pm i was concerned but with my mindees was already stressed anyhow I decided to take her to the gp on an emergency appointment. The gp took one look at her and called the ambulance. This is me with 3 mindees my 12 week old and 2 others. I had to drive behind the ambulance to the hospital and callel parents. I parent met me at the hospital car park and the other in the hospital a and e as he also happened to be a doctor.
The whole day was so stressful as my daughter has not had an attack before just wheezing ..and she is 3 years old. Early the next morning I got up to make my way to the hospital to take over from hubby who spent the night and saw an email from a parent giving notice as her husband got a job closer and they could manage care. She is the parent with the most days!! I'm so stressed and to top it all my daughter is not yet discharged and my little one has a runny nose.

:(

Mrs Scrubbit
15-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Oh no so sorry to read your post, hope your daughter is now feeling better are they just needing to keep an eye on her or is she still unwell? Shame about the notce too, fingers crossed something will turn up soon for you, hugs to youxx

littlemiss60561
15-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Oh bless you, how stressfull and scary. Hope your little one is home soon. I feel for you and have been in a similar situation when my ds was blue lighted to hospital with pneumonia . I only had one mindie with me so she got a ride.
Good luck, and as hard as it is try to and forget the impending notice for now and save your energy for the hospital relay xx

Stapleton83
15-09-2013, 08:30 PM
Poor you sounds like you are having a really hard time, sending hugs.Focus on your daughter and worry about the business after that your family must come first.

Sam x

starschildmind
15-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Im having a reallly hard time to so know how you feel but someone told me that to get the rainbow you have to go through the horrible rain...

I hope your wee ones are better soon. Its come in a three so things will get better. Xxxxxx

greanan
15-09-2013, 09:00 PM
Hope your little ones better soon

trickiedickie
15-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Hope your wee girl is better now and out of hospital. I understand what an awful time it is when your child is in hospital.

Supernanny86
15-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Hope you're little one is better, just heard one of the twins I look after is in hosp aswel, poor thing he's always in and out because of his chest. Been admitted :(

Kirstylob
15-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Poor you, certainly was a stressful time. Hope you little one is feeling better and home soon.xx

Maza
15-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Oh how stressful for you. Hope things start to settle down again for you soon. x

merry
16-09-2013, 05:39 AM
If this is one of the parents that was involved on Friday, I can't help but think that it would have been kinder for her to have waited and given you at least the weekend to take care of your daughter's health before piling on more stress. And to have spoken to you personally rather than email! However, that's just work, what really matters here is your daughter, I hope you've got her home now and can all start to recover from what sounds like a traumatic few days:group hug:

christine84
16-09-2013, 07:17 AM
Hi all,
Thank you all for the support . I really appreciate it. She is still in hospital and wont be discharged today. Hopefully tomorrow. I have now rescheduled parents till wednesday.

jackie 7
16-09-2013, 07:45 AM
It is so scary when they have an attxck. Horrid for parent to give notice. Take card of yourself.