PDA

View Full Version : level 3

Mrsh3103
14-09-2013, 08:26 AM
I've just been accepted onto the level 3 course at my local college! I'm so excited :) :)
Not quite sure how I'll fit it all in but I can't wait to get started now!

shortstuff
14-09-2013, 09:05 AM
I've just been accepted onto the level 3 course at my local college! I'm so excited :) :)
Not quite sure how I'll fit it all in but I can't wait to get started now!

it definately is a juggle but will be worth it in the end xx im doing mine at the mo x Good luck xxx

Rick
14-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Doing mine though a distance learning course and I wouldn't say it was super difficult but it does take up a portion of your week getting the coursework done.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Stapleton83
14-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Good luck I would just say do a little bit each week rather than letting it wait until the last minute.

Sam x

It's a small world
15-09-2013, 02:19 PM
So jealous I have been trying for over a year now as I have to pay and lowest was £1500. Then a local school/community centre agreed to help a few of us:) I struggle to get out in the evenings as dh worls away and no family nearby. This was perfect as was home/group based. Then was given the bombshell that only 2 of us doing it so were going to discuss with another center to see if they can help us. This one involves 2 nights out 6-9 every week for 6 months. Something not physically possible as no childcare. Cant afford babysitters that many times. Totally gutted. Most annoying thing is the only reason I have to pay is because I have a degree. There are many cms who have the same childcare qulaifications as me who received funding but because I have a degree (business and travel) I have to pay. I saved so hard in the holidays working 9-10 hours every day with 6 children to save the fees quoted by this school and now I am back to square one. :-( sorry to moan Good luck with your course Im sure you will be fine. Im now reconsidering my job role as fed up being let down when I do so much. Im contemplating a teaching assistant or teacheing role. I know it will be hard and TA not great money but it will free time up for my family. This job seems to just keep knocking me down at the moment. Really pleased for you though..:clapping:

Rick
15-09-2013, 02:23 PM
So jealous I have been trying for over a year now as I have to pay and lowest was £1500. Then a local school/community centre agreed to help a few of us:) I struggle to get out in the evenings as dh worls away and no family nearby. This was perfect as was home/group based. Then was given the bombshell that only 2 of us doing it so were going to discuss with another center to see if they can help us. This one involves 2 nights out 6-9 every week for 6 months. Something not physically possible as no childcare. Cant afford babysitters that many times. Totally gutted. Most annoying thing is the only reason I have to pay is because I have a degree. There are many cms who have the same childcare qulaifications as me who received funding but because I have a degree (business and travel) I have to pay. I saved so hard in the holidays working 9-10 hours every day with 6 children to save the fees quoted by this school and now I am back to square one. :-( sorry to moan Good luck with your course Im sure you will be fine. Im now reconsidering my job role as fed up being let down when I do so much. Im contemplating a teaching assistant or teacheing role. I know it will be hard and TA not great money but it will free time up for my family. This job seems to just keep knocking me down at the moment. Really pleased for you though..:clapping:

Have you considered distance learning? I'm doing mine through the Childcare Company. I do the learning and coursework in my own time. Mine cost £1200 through them but can depend on location. I got part funding through my LA despite having a masters degree, shame you can't do the same

It's a small world
16-09-2013, 05:50 AM
Hi

Im not entitled to any funding :-( tried several times :-( guess im going to have to save more money or change jobs . So annoying as not that long ago people were criticizing that cms were under qualified yet im over qualified for cm courses . People have no idea how tough this job is or the pressures that go with it we are just glorified babysitters . Thanks for help researched online for home courses but so many not sure which one is the right one !!!! Xx

Mrsh3103
16-09-2013, 06:42 AM
I too, was over qualified to receive the funring from my la. It's so disappointing! I've had to get a 24+ loan to cover the fees.
I'm doing it through my local college. Its completely home based. The tuyor comes to visit me every month or so. Checks my course work, does some assessments etc. Have you had a look at what your local college offers?

Rick
16-09-2013, 06:58 AM
Hi

Im not entitled to any funding :-( tried several times :-( guess im going to have to save more money or change jobs . So annoying as not that long ago people were criticizing that cms were under qualified yet im over qualified for cm courses . People have no idea how tough this job is or the pressures that go with it we are just glorified babysitters . Thanks for help researched online for home courses but so many not sure which one is the right one !!!! Xx

I would recommend the one I mentioned above, The Childcare Company. It's maybe worth asking them directly how much it is as for some reason it does vary, yours may be less than mine :D