PDA

View Full Version : Settling in period

mpullen17387
14-09-2013, 07:05 AM
Morning all,

2 quick question, how long are your settling in periods and over what time?.. Do you go out?

:-)

Samantha_j41
14-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Morning,

I have an introductory period, timescale dependant on child but if they settle only an hour or so without mum to play with children and myself and see how we all get along. I then offer a 4 week settling in period (i think i will change it to 2) where either side can cancel without notice. And yes i do my usual routines then but not obviously for the introductory time.

mpullen17387
14-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Lo has been to me a couple of times with mum, this was just meeting and contracts though, so not settling in, every time she comes she doesn't want to leave. Yay!
Mum is moving in to the area on Friday, I have said that while she sorts keys and paperwork I will look after lo as a free session (taster session to see how she goes) so to make it easier.
Then I remembered that Friday is toddlers and if she comes in that period of time if I can take her (I know mum would be cool with it) just wanted to check.

Thanks

smurfette
14-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Lo has been to me a couple of times with mum, this was just meeting and contracts though, so not settling in, every time she comes she doesn't want to leave. Yay!
Mum is moving in to the area on Friday, I have said that while she sorts keys and paperwork I will look after lo as a free session (taster session to see how she goes) so to make it easier.
Then I remembered that Friday is toddlers and if she comes in that period of time if I can take her (I know mum would be cool with it) just wanted to check.

Thanks

I don't usually take them out Til second or third time with me, think we need to get used to each other and I need to see how they respond to my rules etc,, that said it depends on which other little ones I have that day and how they are ,, good luck. !

MessybutHappy
14-09-2013, 01:22 PM
I've taken some straight out and stayed in with others...I don't have a rule eitherway, just go with the flow!