PDA

View Full Version : Very active afternoon

teacakepenguin
13-09-2013, 05:24 PM
I had a new one start with me last week and she's currently half days at school, so today I collected her from school at noon and she was picked up 4.30pm, and oh boy I'm shattered!

I didn't have any other children around as my own were at school, and every other weekend they go to their dad's which is this weekend and he picks them up, and it was totally peeing down outside, so we ended up staying in and playing.

We've explored most of the games in my lounge, upturned the toy box in there, created various masterpieces of artwork, had a big game of pretend play with a dog, played with the doll's house, read some stories etc etc. She has absolutely no interest in the telly or the pc which is great, but exhausting! I'm not used to this!!

It was kinda fun tho, and I feel I know her loads better now. It'll be good when she's next here with other children around too.

I could kill for a glass of wine tho...
Jx

cathtee
13-09-2013, 05:29 PM
You certainly deserve that glass of wine, it is hard with a new one especially that age and on their own but you came through it and
kept her occupied all afternoon. Have 2 glasses:thumbsup:

vals
13-09-2013, 08:08 PM
i usually find new children want to do everything and none of it for very long. Gradually they calm down when they get used to it all. i find its a good chance to discover if there are missing parts of games and puzzles and have a good sort out.

shortstuff
15-09-2013, 08:51 AM
It sounds like lo was exploring all your toys while she had the opportunity x you will probably find its less manic with your children back next week as they all entertain each other to a degree x