PDA

View Full Version : Norovirus

Trouble
05-01-2008, 05:14 PM
Has everyone seen the news in the last 24 hours about the virus thats going around i bet perents dont abide by the staying off 24 hours after symptoms have gone. has anyone had a case yet?:eek:

mrsbumbles
05-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Nasty, nasty, nasty!!!!! saw this on the news yesterday, their advice was too drink plenty of water and wait for symptoms to disapear, dont go to surgeries or hospitals cause you will continue to spread it. Nasty.

angeldelight
05-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Yes it sounds horrible

I hope the children do not get it - hope I do not get it either

Like you say hope parents watch the news too and do not bring their children back to soon if they do get it

Angel xx

Shirlwith3
05-01-2008, 05:23 PM
We had it befroe xmas, Isla had it first then me then followed by hubby and my older 2 childer, I had to contact my 2 partents that I was unable to mind as one parent was pg so didn't wnat her to catch it. Is not nice as you think you have got rid of it when a bout week later you are ill again.

I have a sickness policy stating that parents are to keep their child hope 48hrs without any symptoms before coming back to me, that way they are clear and should not be able to pass it on to me or another child in my car.

Shirl

Trouble
05-01-2008, 05:27 PM
i think ive put this in the wrong place again!!!!!. in tesco you can buy those little bottles of hand wash, i am going to get two or three i think for myself and my children to carry round. my daughter was ill about 2 years ago sick and dia for 4 days the doctors kept saying come back in... and on the 5th day when she had lost soooo much wait i took her to A&E they said she should of been hear 2 days ago and put her on a drip for a day she was a bag of bones bless her. :(

Trouble
05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
i have a policy shirl but they dont think it applies to them!!! Oh it was a one off they say!! yer right:angry:

Mollymop
05-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Is this the virus that is making everyone sick. There has been so much of this going around in the past couple of weeks, lots of my friends have been ill over christmas. Luckily, touch wood, none of us in my house has caught it yet, but then the schools open Monday. UHH ohhhh

miffy
05-01-2008, 05:50 PM
We had it befroe xmas, Isla had it first then me then followed by hubby and my older 2 childer, I had to contact my 2 partents that I was unable to mind as one parent was pg so didn't wnat her to catch it. Is not nice as you think you have got rid of it when a bout week later you are ill again.

I have a sickness policy stating that parents are to keep their child hope 48hrs without any symptoms before coming back to me, that way they are clear and should not be able to pass it on to me or another child in my car.

Shirl

On the info I saw on the web that is what it was saying - 48 hrs AFTER all symptoms have gone before returning to try and stop the spread

I am doing a letter for all parents for Monday explaining this - whether they take any notice or not is another matter.

Miffy xx

Trouble
05-01-2008, 05:53 PM
i think a reminder notice is in order for monday:thumbsup:

angeldelight
05-01-2008, 06:02 PM
this post is ok here in the minding chat area but if you want me to move it somewhere else then I can ?

Angel xx

Trouble
05-01-2008, 06:04 PM
this post is ok here in the minding chat area but if you want me to move it somewhere else then I can ?

Angel xx

have to go out now would you mind and i will talk to you later:clapping:

Rubybubbles
05-01-2008, 06:25 PM
we all had this before xmas too, the thing is I still haven't felt 100% since!:(

I also have a letter ready for monday too!! I don't want it back thank you

emler
05-01-2008, 06:37 PM
I think I might do a letter too. There's so much going around at the moment and it won't do any harm to give parents a polite reminder of my sickness policy!

Emler x