PDA

View Full Version : Spending wages

funemnx
13-09-2013, 07:26 AM
This morning I opened the door to 2 of my lo's and Dad - he says 'I see you've got new winter boots on today'

I immediately thought 'he thinks he's paid for them with the money he pays me'

He didn't say it unkindly and he's a great bloke and I didn't think what I thought unkindly either - just a bit guilty - but WHY? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

emma04
13-09-2013, 07:50 AM
I think like this too sometimes, but when i work it out properly........my new boots cost almost a weeks wages with what some families pay!!!
Sounds like something form the 1930's!!

So I don't feel guilty often I'm afraid!!

JCrakers
13-09-2013, 07:56 AM
Yes, Im the same. A mum that Ive worked for 6yrs with came into the playroom today (usually drops off at door) she saw my holiday photos on the wall.

'Ah.. these are nice pictures.....PAUSE....Did you go to disney?'

I replied very sheepishly yes,
She said 'didnt you go a few years ago as well?'

I felt so awkward and like I shouldnt have nice holidays.

What I should have said was
'Yes, we're so lucky to have gone twice especially when I work a 50hr week, working my ass off and with the 15k I earnt over the year I thought, what the hell, lets book a nice holiday' :D

She's probably on 3 times more that that :rolleyes:

SJ35
13-09-2013, 09:09 AM
One of my parents always texts to let me know when she has done the voucher payment. She usually puts something like "happy spending!" Or " you can hit the shops now :)"
She doesn't mean anything by it but I wish she realised that with only part timers ALL of my money goes straight on bills!
Xx