PDA

View Full Version : What would you add to the list?

doris127
12-09-2013, 03:14 PM
I have been childminding for a few years now and over time I have had a few "issues" with what some children are sent to me wearing. At the moment I have 4 1yo mindees (not all at once!!!) using my service. 1 little girl yesterday arrived wearing white leggings. She's 15 months and very independent - doesn't like being fed, walks everywhere - falls a few times or just likes to sit down on the grass ..... you get the picture. I opened the door yesterday morning and my heart sank! Thankfully I have a really good relationship with the parents and said to dad - "White - give me a break! I've just made her a fruit smoothie for breakfast with fresh strawberries and blackberries .... then we're going to toddlers" He just laughed and said "Oh well - hopefully we've got good washing powder!" I told mum when she came to pick up I might have to produce a list of unsuitable clothes for bringing to the childminders - she just laughed! Today she arrived wearing a white denim jacket!:doh:

SO here goes.....

anything white - completely impractical!

baby converse high tops - total nightmare to get on - have broken several nails!

tight jeans for crawlers

baby dungarees without poppers and a jumper over the top

braces to keep trousers up (which dad then put a jumper over so I had no idea and his newly tiolet trained son got very upset when he tried to go to the toilet but his trousers kept pinging back up!)

winter coats that aren't waterproof - we live in Scotland - get a grip people!!

what else would you want to add?:thumbsup:

KaicosMummy
12-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Long dresses for crawling girlies.....they never get anywhere, tight fitting hoodies with no zips that leave you struggling not to break little bones as you squash their arms into them, and I think you covered the reat of my pet hates. My main one being dungarees with no poppers, grrrrrrr.........

KaicosMummy
12-09-2013, 03:47 PM
Oh I forgot one, beautiful ballet shoes or flip flops with no straps so you stop every time they break into anything more than a brisk walk because they have lost a shoe!

wellybelly
12-09-2013, 03:54 PM
Belts on baby boys for no purpose other than for show!

Rachel6
12-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Shoes with laces if under 6yrs,trousers that are to big or to small grrrrr

kellyskidz!
12-09-2013, 03:56 PM
The most expensive gorgeous designer clothes which make you cringe to see them slather with gloop/paint/snot!:panic:

Kerry30
12-09-2013, 04:12 PM
A thin summer dress and no coat when its freezing outside and thick tights/trousers, jumper and coat on a hot day!!

kellib
12-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Dungarees with no poppers, my heart sinks when i see them!

Crocs, they don't fit small feet properly and I've lost count of the amount of times LO's have fallen over with them on

*daisychain*
12-09-2013, 04:21 PM
Pretty little shoe ..... That are 2 sizes too big :/ grr

Kerry30
12-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Pretty little shoe ..... That are 2 sizes too big :/ grr

Yes def shoes that are too big especially when they know u do alot of walking grrr

caz3007
12-09-2013, 04:43 PM
All in one playsuits with buttons all down the front when the little girl is potty trained and the buttons are really fiddly and it takes ages to get off a jumping up and down clutching themselves toddler

tulip0803
12-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Pull-ups when the child is no-where near potty training and you have to strip all lower half to get new one on.

White denier type tights, white shorts and white long-sleeved top on a 2 year old:rolleyes: on a wet day ( no coat)

A summer nightdress because "It is all she would wear today" on a cold wet day:rolleyes:

kellib
12-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Mismatched clothes, I have to be seen with these children lol

Dragonfly
12-09-2013, 07:12 PM
braces to keep trousers up (which dad then put a jumper over so I had no idea and his newly tiolet trained son got very upset when he tried to go to the toilet but his trousers kept pinging back up!)

:laughing::laughing: This made me laugh, had this very funny vision!

dette
12-09-2013, 07:21 PM
ankle length dresses when we're going to softplay :angry:

Ali56
12-09-2013, 07:42 PM
Children arriving in 'best' clothes which are always designer, but being told they cant play out in them...they have play ones in the bag! Grrr! Well put the play ones on the kids.....and put MORE play ones in the bag!
Another-Children having breakfast at home after they are dressed, and turning up covered in food already! Then I have to change them before I take them out!
Crocs, ballet pumps, strappy sandals.
Thin jackets with no jumper under in the winter.
Jumpers over popperless dungarees.
The list could be endless!!!

VeggieSausage
12-09-2013, 07:52 PM
One came yesterday in a really filthy pj top - yuck - and no spare in the bag....

Also I have had toilet training children still wearing poppered baby vests...:censored:

One lo I have who is thin and his parents do not buy adjustable waisted trousers, they fall down all the time poor boy, one day I didn't have anything to fit in and there was no spares in the bag so I have to bunch them up on one side and wind an elastic band round it...:( same little one is just toilet trained and his pants are these HUGE baggy boxer type things that look like a long skirt to his knees on him - not great.....

Shoes too small....:(

I agree anything white :panic:

I often have a child in the middle of summer, scorching day and he is wearing a vest, t shirt, long sleeved top and fleece.....

Belts on newly toilet training children so they can't undo them or do them up....

Oh don't get me started!!!

Chellewilks
12-09-2013, 07:56 PM
My little girl use to look like a boy between 6mnths and 2/3 as all I put on her is joggers and tshirts nice and comfy, go in any position and any place she wanted. If eating bright orange carrots it didn't matter this equalled one happy little lady. Plus dad and our dog loved she use to get messy in the garden with them :)

k1rstie
12-09-2013, 08:01 PM
I used to have a lo who's trousers kept falling down. Masking tape did the trick!!

smurfette
12-09-2013, 08:53 PM
Long dresses for crawling girlies.....they never get anywhere, tight fitting hoodies with no zips that leave you struggling not to break little bones as you squash their arms into them, and I think you covered the reat of my pet hates. My main one being dungarees with no poppers, grrrrrrr.........

And long dresses for girls which are too long for them and they keep getting feet caught in and falling! Or for potty training girls grr!!

Stapleton83
12-09-2013, 09:03 PM
All in one short suits on girls with no poppers on the bottom so to change a bum you have to completely undress the child, even worse when mum has decided it is a bit chilly so put on tights and an all in one too!!!

Sam x

SYLVIA
12-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Low waisted or too tight trousers (or worse still jeans) that give the LO's a builder's bum when they bend down or crawl along. Had 3 here a while ago, all doing the same at the same time. Looked like a bike rack!

Tinkerbell1979
12-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Pull-ups on lo's thAt are not potty traing (easy up pants) why why why???!!! I have to strip complete lower half just to change a nappy grrrrr

Samijanec
12-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Crocs at any time but even more so when it's raining!!!