PDA

View Full Version : Overnight care

gcragg
12-09-2013, 01:59 PM
To anyone who can help!

I've been looking after a 17month old little girl for a few months now and her mum has asked if I'd provide overnight care for two nights.

I have called Ofsted to let them know but I just wondered about rates? I'm based in west London.

If anyone can help with a rough figure I'd be really grateful as have no idea what the charge might be.

Thanks for your time,
Gemma

MessybutHappy
12-09-2013, 05:17 PM
I think it comes down to what you are happy with!

Some charge their overtime rate from the end of the normal day until the start of the next normal day,
some charge their normal rate until bedtime then a bit less per hour through the night, then normal rate when the child wakes,
some charge overtime until bedtime then a bit less, then overtime until the start of the normal day,
some people have a flat rate.

Charge as much as you feel comfortable with. If you feel ok with charging a bit less whilst the child is asleep and see it as a bonus, and not too much of a hassle then do that, but if you think that "staying on duty" all the time deserves more then charge more!

Its a minefield and really, I think only you can decide what you want to charge!

Sorry, not very helpful, but perhaps has given you options?

gcragg
12-09-2013, 07:13 PM
Thanks, that's a great starting point and given me things to think about