PDA

View Full Version : sharing information between different providers

Bluebell
11-09-2013, 08:06 PM
I know this is an old chestnut but how do you share information and WHAT do you share with another setting?

And HOW OFTEN?? if sharing learning and development should it be weekly or termly or along those lines?

I've tried communication books ( parent and other setting dependent and a bit rubish)

I've visited - but obviously can't do this in an 'ongoing' and 'regular' way as required by EYFS.

I see at pick-up time but obviously isn't time for in-depth chat about learning and development.

(Most of my children attend me on one day and somewhere else on another day so exchange at pick-up doesn't happen anyway)

I've just started using a secure online scrapbook/observation system and the parent gets an e-mail notifying them of updates and they can then log on to their child and see observations and photos.

Does anyone else use these and are able to share with other settings?

what is the view of e-mails, facebook and online secure sites?

sarah707
12-09-2013, 06:46 AM
It depends on the other setting. Some are keen to share because they understand the value of it - with others you need to claw whatever you can out of them / parents / the child.

It's not about huge amounts of paperwork - just showing that you are complementing the child's care elsewhere. Eg. being aware that the child is working on patterns or growing sunflowers and doing some activities with him to back up his learning.

hth :D

vals
12-09-2013, 07:02 AM
with a lot of nagging i manage to get their next steps each term.

Bluebell
12-09-2013, 12:23 PM
thank you - and what about information I should be sharing with them so they can complement what I'm doing - I have a couple of children that this year will predominantly come to me. I'd really like it to be a 2 way flow.

sarah707
12-09-2013, 05:49 PM
When a lo told his key worker about a book he liked to read here I sent it in for them to read in the pre-school... he was really chuffed and the key worker kindly gave me a photo of him looking at it there for his file.

Things like that maybe? :D

Bluebell
13-09-2013, 11:42 AM
ok fab thanks - I was thinking along the lines of sharing a copy of the learning journal now that I'm doing it online but it did seem a bit excessive so I wasn't sure.