PDA

View Full Version : New mindee non stop crying on outings!

littlebears1009
11-09-2013, 05:16 PM
I had a new mindee start on monday hes nearly 8 months and comes all day mon-thursday. His mum says he likes to be left to potter around the house, but she also says he goes on allsorts of outings with her and family. I like to go out to playgroups and for walks and to the shops etc im not one for staying in all day. However every outing we have been on be it the school run or to playgroup he has screamed from the minute we leave the house until i bring him home, he also screams himself to sleep (was that upset today that he vomitted). He is teething at the moment and im not sure whether its his teeth making him cry or whether its because he literally just wants to be able to crawl around the house all day and doesnt want to be restricted. Wondering whether to muster on or if he would be better placed with a minder who doesnt have a busy schedule and just stays in most of the day. I could do with the money but at the same time I want the mindee to feel settled and dont want my own kids/OH being unhappy with a crying baby every evening! Any suggestions?

sarah707
11-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Could you borrow parents' buggy see if he prefers that?

Hugs xx

littlebears1009
11-09-2013, 05:26 PM
They dont use a buggy they just carry him around in his car seat from what she said. But he hates being strapped into that too. I have to put him in my single buggy and push it until he falls asleep as he fights it and wont go in the travel cot.
When hes crawling around and playing thats the only time in the day when he isnt crying (other than when he eventually falls asleep). X

Ripeberry
11-09-2013, 07:00 PM
I've got a new mindee who is 11 months old who has just started (sibling of two existing mindees) and he hates being in the car seat or buggy. Needs to be carried all the time. His mum uses one of those blanket things and ties him to her back. He spent his early months attached to her all day. I just can't get on with those things.
He loves to crawl and cruise around the house, but if we go anywhere where he can't get onto the floor he screams. I've got a 'crawl suit' for him so he can go in the garden, but as the weather gets colder I just hope that he starts to walk properly and he might feel a bit happier.

littlebears1009
11-09-2013, 07:06 PM
I would probably carry him on the school runs to and from the car in future but my own 2 year old has a pot on her leg at the moment so i have no choice but to use the pram. I get sl

littlebears1009
11-09-2013, 07:06 PM
I would probably carry him on the school runs to and from the car in future but my own 2 year old has a pot on her leg at the moment so i have no choice but to use the pram. I get so embarassed on outings though, my 2 have always been really good when we go anywhere x

KatieFS
11-09-2013, 07:38 PM
You might be right, if he is a child who prefers being at home might not be right routine for him. One of my mindees like that when she started at 8m. Did not like the pushchair, amongst other things. I kept going and she is better still bit anxious is done situations. Now 2 and walking and generally happier to walk.
If anything I wish if have just taken her to playgroups sooner as might have helped get her used to these situations

jackie 7
11-09-2013, 08:35 PM
I know how you feel. 3 weeks on and I feel I am starting to see a change in my screamer. He too was carried everywhere. He screamed in the buggy out of the buggy and hardly ate anything as mum liked to feed him on the move. Do lots of singing g while out. Good luck.

AdeleMarie88
11-09-2013, 08:40 PM
I had a little one like that, would scream all the time, his mom carried him everywhere too, put him in the sling, even when she was on the loo! He did eventually stop, took a few months though,I'm not sure i would put myself through that again, it was a hard few months, people used to stare at me wherever I went, they must have thought I was an awful person!

I'm sure you will turn a corner soon, but it's hard by yourself, it was the only time I missed the support of colleagues x

starschildmind
11-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Ooo i feel your pain. Ive had a screamer for the last 8 weeks.

He screamed when in the house. Out the house. Bed time . Feed time...

Weve come on heaps and bounds. I found what worked was good routine. So do the same thing every day. In the same order. Shoes on coat on. Being very vocal on what you are doing and using sign language.

My screamer didnt scream for a whole hour yesterday. Remeber its learnt behaviour. He has prob learnt he cries long enough he will be taken out. We made out screamer stop crying (even for a mili second) before we picked him up.
Its worked loads. It is sooo draining. At least he is happy to crawl around. My screamer would scream 8-6 daily.. eeek!!

Good luck. Learnt behaviour does change :-) xxx

littlebears1009
11-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys! Cant say im glad im not alone because that would mean im glad you are going through it :-D

Nice to know things do get better in time. Unless it starts to affect my own children and OH i will perservere with it and just hope its temporary x

Miss freckles
12-09-2013, 10:24 AM
I feel for you, I had my first mindee for 5 mths before I got other children, he was a very easy child to look after ever since I had no children start he screams all day, I've worked out he's terrified of them, but loved the after schoolies, very strange! This makes outings so difficult he screams and screams when out because he hates being in a double pushchair with the other child, everyone stares like I'm the worst childminder ever it's so embarrassing and disheartening.

I don't know what else to do I'm just really hoping he gets better with time