PDA

View Full Version : Piano lessons?

Mummits
11-09-2013, 04:08 PM
My own children want to take piano lessons, so I was thinking of getting a lady piano teacher to come here one day after school. She is obviously CRB checked, but do I need to check/do anything special as I will have minded children here at the time? FWIW the piano is in the dining room and there is a separate playroom and lounge so plenty of room for all without getting in each others' way. I was also thinking if it went well of asking if the minded children's parent would like them to have there lesson while here too - though I would of course expect them to pay the teacher if they wanted to do that. Anyone have any similar arrangement?

loocyloo
11-09-2013, 04:14 PM
I don't, my children currently go to the piano teachers house- I drop them off, and pick them up an hour later.
( although he did come here one afternoon when there was building work at his house! :D )

I would definitely think about asking if the teacher could come to my house, if I had minded children wanting lessons!

currently though - your piano teacher would only be teaching YOUR children, and therefore, as minded children not going to be involved/in contact, I would say it is fine. and then, if they were teaching minded children, her 'contract' would be with the individual childs family and as long as crb'd etc then again, I would say it was fine.

good luck x

k1rstie
11-09-2013, 05:55 PM
Sounds like a good idea. The teacher would nee to be recorded in the visitors book each week