PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping children

adedwards68
11-09-2013, 10:08 AM
If a baby or child is obviously tired and you put them down for a nap and they cry, how long would you let them cry. I've had 4 of my own but when it's someone else's its different!

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

sing-low
11-09-2013, 11:33 AM
I would always talk this through with Mum and Dad to ask their expectations/what they do. Also depends on type of cry - one of my Mums reminded me about the mantra cry, which means they're going to sleep so best to leave them.

SJ35
11-09-2013, 11:50 AM
I would discuss with mom. I have one that screams for almost exactly two minutes then is asleep. One that has to be rocked to sleep, and another that just likes to grizzle to himself for a few minutes, if I picked him up he would go mad.
X

Jiorjiina
11-09-2013, 12:14 PM
A couple of minutes, max. I've had a couple that wail for a minute or two and then drop off. I think it depends on how they are while they're crying. If they're just lying there and having a little wail, but not moving around then I would leave them a little longer. If they're thrashing around or obviously distressed then of course I would go in and see if there was anything wrong.

I've had the odd one who had bad dreams, even while napping, so I would go in, give them a cuddle and within two minutes they'd be fast asleep again.