PDA

View Full Version : First Aid course

JCrakers
11-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Ive got my first Aid course all weekend :panic:

3yrs ago I paid £10 as it was funded by LA and it ran 9.30am-3pm. The chap was a paramedic who was so laid back he was nearly vertical. We arrived, said our names and spent the day looking at a projector. We practised bandages and he answered questions throughout, We had a couple of breaks for a cup of tea and 20mins/30mins for lunch. Because we had covered everything, he let us go early.
Second day we got a few Resus Annie's out and grouped into 2/3. He said we could do it if we wanted to, we didn't have to. Some chose to have 1 go whilst others got into it properly. We zoomed through it and he let everyone go at 12pm...:rolleyes:
He had our certificates already printed and we took them home.

Looking at the email, this time it looks pretty hardcore stuff. 9.15-4.45pm, which is 7.5hrs a day. £66 this time and there's a list of things I have to bring including i.d
There's even a multiple choice exam and certificates can take 28 days.
All this is fine but I'm just praying that we don't have to do resuscitation individually :blush: I had to do it at college and with 40 people watching, I hated it.

jillplum
11-09-2013, 02:10 PM
I just did mine. A two day course at the fire station. Yes we did resus individually and a multiple choice exam. It was fine tho. Just something to be got through lol

supermumy
11-09-2013, 02:18 PM
Mine was £90 was a 9-4.30

Had todo a multiple choice exam is easy and practice resus on dolls etc

caz3007
11-09-2013, 03:15 PM
I did mine earlier this year and was different to my last one. We did practise on Resus Annie, but we were in groups and they walked around to make sure we were doing it right, so not on our own, everyone was busy.

We also did a multiple choice exam but it was really easy, but they did 'help' with the answers and our certificates took a while to get to us.

My previous one sounded a bit like your first one, no exam, certificates ready to take away.

kellyskidz!
11-09-2013, 03:18 PM
Mine was 88 and included everything even epi pen training but I still thought eeeeek!
I know its obviously a priceless thing to have first aid knowledge but it is getting more and more expensive every 3 years x