PDA

View Full Version : Fed up now!

littlepixies
13-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Hello guys!

Basically im generally fed up now, i come off maternity january to care for a toddle 3 days who left my care due to parents finacial problems and so from then on had no income. i have had 3 enquiries in 3 months and nothing come of any of them, their are 6 nurserys in the local area with 13 childminders. Just seems a never ending thing where there is just no work!!!!!

With the eyfs starting as of sept, and the early year fees being put up the fact their is hardly any work at the moment is really making me think should i look into working in a different area of biz!

I am doing my nvq 3 which i should finish in jan but maybe before. So i thought once this is all done and dusted i might look into soemthing compleately different like hair dressing. I could work from home or be a traveling hairdresser as im hopeing to pass my driving test in sept. but again its a long train process....

Is any one else around thinking they are just fed up in general with the lack of work and so much paper work and fees?

SonnysMummy
13-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Gosh...it seems so many people are feeling like this!!!:eek: I'm just about to be registered and i hope i'm doing the right thing!!! No enquiries here either!!!

What i seem to get from what other people are saying is that it would be best to keep your registration even if you go into something else so that if you do get some enquiries you can just pick it back up again and not have to re-register. Here's hoping we all get some mindees!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cammie Doodle
13-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Fingers crossed it get busier for you. I have never regretted becoming a childminder in 1994 , yes I have days when I wish my house was my own and I did not have paperwork to do etc etc, but all in its not such a bad life :)

miffy
13-07-2008, 03:25 PM
I think it's a good idea to keep your registration going for a while anyway whatever you decide to do.

Hope you get some work soon - this job can change really quickly.

Miffy xx

wendywu
13-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Gosh Lousia i would have thought work in theCroydon are would have been coming out of your ears. There is so much employment there and it being so near to London. You do suprise me:panic:

Little Pumpkins
14-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Im fed up too

I start maternity leave end of October and I am dreading it!

I only have 2 mindees right now, due to me being exhausted.

maternity pay is going to suck and I havnt had any enquiries for a while