PDA

View Full Version : the best moment when your mindee says your name

FussyElmo
11-09-2013, 09:16 AM
For the first time ever. Had to go into kitchen new baby mindee starts to cry. Mindee stands at the gate shouting fussy fussy fussy baby.

Best moment today :-D

Mouse
11-09-2013, 09:58 AM
One of mine has just started saying my name. I am now known as "ngn". It's actually nothing like my name, but it's the closest they can get :laughing:

Jiorjiina
11-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Two of mine have just recently really got the hang of my name. And now they're both using it all. the. time. to point things out to me. 'George! Tree!', 'George! Plane!', 'George! Mixer!', 'George! GRUFFALO!' (Apparently all trees have Gruffalos (Gruffali?) behind them.)

Best one recently though was the other day at the shops when I went to pay, and one mindee (who is incredibly verbal) turned to me and said 'George. Debit. Card.' The till lady and I burst out laughing because we were not expecting that! He's very interested in money at the moment, and it turns out his mum had told him when they were at the shops that she used a debit card, not actual money. I just wish she'd warned me! :eek:

loocyloo
11-09-2013, 01:41 PM
I've got a LO who doesn't say much but last week was saying her brothers name ( or something approaching it ) we saw her brother at school ( doesn't come to me ), she said his name and it was different, so I 'think' it seems that actually she was saying my name, as they are vaguely similar !!! rather pleased!

natalieatk
11-09-2013, 08:35 PM
My minded 18 month old has started saying my name and its not easy ! I usually get natawee or natanee think little one says ali sounds dead cute!

cathtee
11-09-2013, 08:43 PM
It is lovely when they say it for the first time,but I'm quite pleased my youngest (18m) can't say mine yet had enough of the other 7 saying it all the time through the 6 weeks holiday thinking of changing before the next one and not telling what it is :laughing::laughing:

MrsP2C
11-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Awww must be a day for it as one of my mindees called me by my name instead of mum for the first time today. I've had her 8 months & although she knows my name, she just wouldn't use it so this is a real breakthrough for us!