PDA

View Full Version : Double pushchair

charlottenash
11-09-2013, 08:47 AM
I've got a 17mo starting next week, and I have a 16mo mindee already so need a double pushchair.

I'm pushing the boat out and buying a new one as my income is dramatically increasing and I feel its worth it.

I have a single pushchair already, on Tuesdays and Thursdays I will only need a single pushchair, is there a double where I can unclip one on these days or is it easier to use both pushchairs on different days?

What's the best pushchair? Especially as they get older.

Also may need to attach a buggy board so is there a double pushchair where the buggy board attaches.

littlebears1009
11-09-2013, 08:54 AM
I have a phil and teds and it comes with a bottom seat which i just easily attach if i have both children. I use it as a single if i just have the one. Its sturdy and its good for what i need. Although im just starting out so bought mine SH as rhey are quite expensive new x

charlottenash
11-09-2013, 08:56 AM
I've seen on here that those types mean the child on bottom can kick child in top, and also can't see out. I do prefer them because its easier to manoeuvre etc.

When they get bigger can they still stretch their legs out the bottom? How heavy and easy to fold up is it?

Sorry for lots of Qs

littlebears1009
11-09-2013, 09:32 AM
Im only small and i only have a peugeot 308 and i find it easy to put up n down n get in the boot.

I have an 8 month on bottom and 2 yr old on top so no probs with kicking. Large shopping basket so lots of room to stretch x

Bobbinbubbles
11-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Phil and teds are fab! The bottom seat goes up to 3 yrs and upper seat up to 5 years ( not that you'd need it then!)
It folds up really small and the bottom child can see very clearly out of the sides! I love mine! :) plus is moves really easily and has an adjustable handle bar.
Happy pushchair shopping! :)

vickylou
11-09-2013, 10:09 AM
I've had a phil and teds navigator about 4 months and I love it!! My 17 month old loves it in the bottom seat she doesn't kick the top seat, although she loves playing with the straps on the back of the seat!! She sits there like lady muck waving to everyone out of the side!! It's a doddle to push and on the navigator the 2nd seat reclines which is fab!

Jiorjiina
11-09-2013, 12:20 PM
I have a Baby Jogger City Mini Double, and I love it. It's a side by side, but it's still narrow enough to fit through standard doors and on the bus. It's really sturdy, but it's still pretty light and really easy to manoeuvre, even with two toddlers in it. The seats each recline to flat, they have independent, massive hoods that give great coverage, and the kids like it so much that they will sit in it even if we're not going anywhere!

I would recommend it to anyone.

supermumy
11-09-2013, 12:29 PM
I have a Baby Jogger City Mini Double, and I love it. It's a side by side, but it's still narrow enough to fit through standard doors and on the bus. It's really sturdy, but it's still pretty light and really easy to manoeuvre, even with two toddlers in it. The seats each recline to flat, they have independent, massive hoods that give great coverage, and the kids like it so much that they will sit in it even if we're not going anywhere!

I love mine too it's really comfy for kids and easy to push

Tazmin68
11-09-2013, 02:10 PM
I have obaby twin Apollo. On offer at mothercare easily fits in my zaf when all seats up. I also put buggy board on it.

kellyskidz!
11-09-2013, 03:26 PM
I use graco stadium dual twin tandem and love it
I like that it can hold two toddlers up to age 5 and is easy to push and has a huge shopping basket underneath for bottles, cups, snacks, bags etc
Have heard great things about baby jogger though but I'm a tandem fan having had 2 kids who didn't get on well sat side by side as could hit each other in the side by side
Depends on what you want really, the graco is cheaper and I've had it for almost a year with no issues but I know tandems aren't for everyone xx

Glitter
11-09-2013, 05:38 PM
I had a Joovy Caboose Ultralight.
It has a seat on the front for children from 6 months old, and built in buggy board and jump seat on the back for toddlers.
You can also buy an extra seat (called a Seat Too) to go on the back seat to make it suitable from 6 months old.

It is a bit hard to discribe so you might want to google it to see what I mean.

It is compact and easy to push, and can be used in different ways depending on the age of the children you are looking after.

And it has a huge basket with pockets on the side.

charlottenash
12-09-2013, 06:53 AM
Thank you everyone! I'm off shopping to trial them all today!

Supernanny86
12-09-2013, 07:37 AM

I have this too. Love the hoods on it, so much easier when kiddies are trying to sleep! I only have a small picanto and it fits in the boot no problem :)

charlottenash
13-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Bumping this up for forum member to read.

Rachel6
13-09-2013, 09:01 AM
I have the out n about nipper double ,love it & I've had lots of double pushchairs over the year. It even goes in the boot of a mini country man as I test drove one for the weekend, you just have to take the wheels off which takes seconds.

charlottenash
15-09-2013, 05:37 PM
I have this too. Love the hoods on it, so much easier when kiddies are trying to sleep! I only have a small picanto and it fits in the boot no problem :)

Well I got it today, all ok except it doesn't fit through my doors and it didn't come with a rain cover!!

Supernanny86
15-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Well I got it today, all ok except it doesn't fit through my doors and it didn't come with a rain cover!!

That's a shame, never had a problem with doors except some shops. I'm not sure about the raincover as boss got it all!! :)

charlottenash
15-09-2013, 06:06 PM
I have 3 front doors and it doesn't fit through any, nor my indoor doors.

sprinkles
15-09-2013, 06:21 PM
Nipper 360, fits through all my doors :thumbsup: not that I'm actually using it at the moment!!

Supernanny86
15-09-2013, 06:21 PM
I have 3 front doors and it doesn't fit through any, nor my indoor doors.

Maybe my boss house isn't standard then? I've never used it in anyone else's house to even compare. Can you take it back if you're unhappy?

charlottenash
15-09-2013, 06:27 PM
I love it. I wasn't complaining just maybe a little inconvenient I usually put kids on pushchair and then put others shoes on, but I will have to do all and the that.

Rain cover I can order, but I need it for tomorrow so I'm a bit stuck if it rains first thing, 2 babies will have to get a bit wet.

I love how it pushes, and the hoods! Also how far back the seats go!

Supernanny86
15-09-2013, 06:38 PM
I love it. I wasn't complaining just maybe a little inconvenient I usually put kids on pushchair and then put others shoes on, but I will have to do all and the that.

Rain cover I can order, but I need it for tomorrow so I'm a bit stuck if it rains first thing, 2 babies will have to get a bit wet.

Oh I see!! The hoods are a god send! And the reclining seats are fab! Hope they don't get too wet tomorrow. When I've forgotten the raincover the footmuffs have always been on, and the hoods will cover most! What colour did you get??!

greanan
15-09-2013, 07:24 PM

I love mine aswell and it doesn't fit through my door either. Just means I need to set it up outside then fit wee ones in. Only downside is when a wee one falls asleep and I need to lift them inside instead of just taking pram inside

joannes
15-09-2013, 09:36 PM
I can't wait to get started! Quitting work after xmas to start childminding. I remember being on maternity and going buggy burning. One of the ladies had a contours double buggy which I adored as I hate the kids having to stare at each other's backs and miss out on the interaction. She said she had it imported as it worked out much cheaper to buy from the US. I have seen a couple of second hands start to appear though and am quite tempted. Wonder what they're like in a boot though as I'll be buying a new car late next year so will have to factor that in.