PDA

View Full Version : 9 month old screams all day!

hollyflower
11-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Hi,

This is only the second child I have had, I only registered to have my friends kids at home with me as I have four of my own, I only have him five days a week aswell as my 18 month old daughter. He knows me, my children, my house, but still screams all day! I am at my witts end. He is an only child to my friend who is a much older mum who has a high flying job and never thought she would have a child. He was born screaming, sleeps in her bed, is attached to her all day and won't go to anyone else, does not self soothe or get himself to sleep. She thought bringing him here might fix these things but he screams all day! He cries less if I hold him and cuddle him constantly, then it changes to crying and I cannot even go to the loo. I am worried about my happy and independent 18 month old daughter listening to it all day. Makes no difference if we are out or in, he pays no attention to other kids, if they try and connect with him he justs sits there screaming in their face. Please help!

sarah707
11-09-2013, 05:18 PM
Oh no poor you! :( A lot of us have had screamers - only you know how much you can cope with.

Be honest with parents - lo is not settling - they need to help by making sure routines are the same and lo feels secure without being held all the time.

Chat to parents first of all.

Hugs xx

littlebears1009
11-09-2013, 05:30 PM
I feel for you, i have a baby like this at the moment. Its difficult isnt it. X

APchild
11-09-2013, 06:23 PM
Hi. I'm in the same boat, not sure if you have seen my previous post.
I have a 12 month old who cries constantly stop start all day..has had 6 settling in sessions, started with me on Monday but still cried unless I held her, but then again sometimes still cried. Tuesday she was abit better, when I held her she would stop crying and watch the other kids! But of course when I had to make lunch, tend to the other kids, got everyone ready for school run etc, she'd cry..
I can see the light though, maybe give it some more time..
I have discovered through trying everything that my LO likes bubbles, car rides, being in the buggy, and spoons!
Hope the screaming eases soon

X