PDA

View Full Version : Pull ups

kellyskidz!
10-09-2013, 03:40 PM
This might seem like a stupid question but how often do you change pull ups?
My dd went from nappies to pants so never really had anything to do with them:panic:
Are they like nappies or pants? Do I change every 2-3 hours or leave on all day if he's dry, which he usually is?
Don't want to be wasting mums pull ups if you're meant to leave them on all day but I feel they're not as clean as pants if you know what I mean
Thanks, Kelly xx

QualityCare
10-09-2013, 04:38 PM
I should think mum is expecting him to wear the same pair all day unless he has an accident in them, if he is dry all day couldn't you try pants while he is with you and if mum wants put the pull ups on when he goes home.

sarah707
10-09-2013, 05:33 PM
I don't change them through the day if they are dry - I treat them exactly like pants :D

singingcactus
10-09-2013, 06:24 PM
I don't know, never had a toilet trained child wear them. I'm with you, I'd be wanting to change it at least a couple of times in a 10 hour day. Be hot and sweaty in all that bulk. If it was here I'd be asking mum for pants though.
I have a new boy who arrived last weeks with pull ups. I assumed mum wanted him potty training so did that. Have asked this week for him to bring pants to wear here cos I don't want him spending all day in a baby nappy/pull up he doesn't need.
Be easier just to get your mum to put pants on him.

charlottenash
10-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Pull ups were just a more flexible nappy for me because my son was quite large, so I changed as per normal nappy. Toilet training was in pants.

Chat to mum and ask exactly what they are trying to achieve if its training, get some pants. If they just want their child to feel nappies going up and down like pants then treat them as nappies :)