PDA

View Full Version : using garage

devoncm
13-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Ive thought about using our garage when minding but dont know if ofsted will accept this, we have already in there chest freezer tumble dryer fishing stuff when marc goes fishing and his golf stuff both his pride and joy lawn mower and various tools, a big table and chairs to do art stuff on but dont know if ofsted will register it or not-what does everyone think?

sarah707
13-07-2008, 11:39 AM
I think if you were going to use it you would have to protect children from teh tools and equipment.

Maybe you could do that by partitioning one end off with a lockable door?

It would also need risk assessing for if a piece of equipment was left out ...

In the first instance, you'd be best asking Ofsted for their advice I think :D

crazybones
13-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Or you could do what we did. Brick up the front, put in a window, plaster the walls, put in a downstairs clock room and whack a hole through to the hall. Hey presto - a playroom. The most fantastic home improvement we have ever done. :D

miffy
13-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Or you could do what we did. Brick up the front, put in a window, plaster the walls, put in a downstairs clock room and whack a hole through to the hall. Hey presto - a playroom. The most fantastic home improvement we have ever done. :D

Ooooh Annie, I would love to do this - hubby is quaking in his boots at the thought of losing his precious garage. Don't think I've any chance of talking him round :(

Sorry Marie - I agree with Sarah, best ask Ofsted's advice first

Miffy xx

Heaven Scent
13-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Yes I'd ask them too because when I said I didn't want the guarage registered they said they never register them - sorry perhaps just my woman but I really don't think they do - but you just might be able to put up a cheap partition and then it would be a room at one end especially if you have a door through to it - On the otehr hand if the boiler is in there and chemicals and tins of paint etc they would all have to be in the partitioned end with the tools etc and the freezer would need to have a proper lock on it. Good luck - you can never have too much space when childminding.

SimplyLucy
13-07-2008, 06:31 PM

I'm waiting for a quote to come in the post for this exact thing! Think I might have a cloakroom rather than a clock room though, not sure I have enough clocks for a while room! hehehehehe! :D

crazybones
13-07-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm waiting for a quote to come in the post for this exact thing! Think I might have a cloakroom rather than a clock room though, not sure I have enough clocks for a while room! hehehehehe! :D

Shut up - I'm on the wine :laughing:

manjay
13-07-2008, 07:40 PM
I have the planning permission, the bricks, the new front door, the insulation, the new loo, infact almost everything we do need to do just this. The only thing missing is hubbies time to get it done:panic:

foxy lady
13-07-2008, 07:42 PM
yes i think i would def talk to ofsted. sounds like you should nag hubby a bit more, a playroom would be great :laughing: