PDA

View Full Version : NWorld: letters to the editor...Truss writes on agencies

Simona
09-09-2013, 01:34 PM
'Agencies will be no barrier' is the title of the letter from Truss to NWorld's latest issue out today

Truss says the system is complicated for cms, does not work for cms and has led to a decrease in numbers

She stresses 'we are making it easier for cms ' to access funding as only 10% have been able to access it so far

On agencies she says there will be many models, they will reduce burdens.
Truss corrects Pacey by saying agencies will be voluntary...there was 'no concession to Pacey' (not sure what that is about??)
Those who oppose agencies are denying cms a choice...

Truss is obviously not aware that many cms still face barriers in accessing funding and what would be a huge relief would be to know who has been chosen for the agency trials

Another letter in today's issue by a cm in Hastings states the barriers they are still facing by LAs insistent on putting conditions in our way ...level 3 etc...and making cms miss the deadline for application

We are being heard and now is not the time to stop raising our concerns

Agencies are coming but my initial point stands: as long as no barriers are in independent cms' way then we must let cms choose whether to belong or not to an agency, after careful consideration of the implications...I would add.

So we now need to know which models are being trialled and where...keep asking your LA as I am hearing many are arranging meetings for cms to have it all explained!!

sarah707
09-09-2013, 04:45 PM
If agencies are no barrier to cms who want to be independent they have to give us our LAs back so we are on a level playing field ...

Or am I missing the point? :rolleyes:

Simona
09-09-2013, 05:26 PM
If agencies are no barrier to cms who want to be independent they have to give us our LAs back so we are on a level playing field ...

Or am I missing the point? :rolleyes:

As Sherlock Holmes would say 'Elementary Dr Watson'!!
Good point but do we know what the LAs are up to??
Are coming or going? are they abandoning us or staying to offer diluted support?

Mine is calling all cms to attend a meeting on 26 Sept when all will be revealed as to what is happening to cms!!!!
I can't wait to be told, as they say, all about the most recent development....hello!! I think we are fairly updated aren't we?