PDA

View Full Version : Help...getting stressy!

Hayley-sue
09-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Hi there, im new to all of this so please bare with me! :)

I am awaiting a pre reg visit, it seems to be taking ages for them to say when they are coming, just wondering how much notice do they give for when they will come out?..

Also I have just completed my food hygiene online but on the course they said something about better food safer business I have downloaded that tool kit do I need to print it? do I need to phone council and say I will be making meals? really confused..

last question I promise... with risk assessments do you do like an over all policy on it?, I have written risk assessment check list down and all of that but do I need a policy on it?

Thanks
Hayley

sarah707
09-09-2013, 04:54 PM
You do need to let Environmental Health know - when you start working - so you can wait a while for that one.

You will find help with paperwork - including policies etc - on this forum thread :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/paperwork-policies-procedures-permissions-forms-contracts-booklets/117177-help-paperwork.html

Stapleton83
09-09-2013, 08:18 PM
Good advice from Sarah as always re the timing don't panic too much they will want to have a good look around but they don't expect everything to be finalised. Concentrate on completing the pre-reg questions as they are the basis for their visit.

Good luck

Sam x

kellyskidz!
10-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Can I also add that I telephoned my local environmental health dept as my SFBB file is running out and he said they no longer provide them BUT I didn't have to download and print the whole safer food better business pack
I could get a day to day dairy and record everything in there, such as what foods I have prepared and what temp the food was etc. might save you some money as printing off the diary sheets could cost a lot!xxx

Hayley-sue
10-09-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks you everyone, there's just so much to remember, my head is full! Iv always got a to do list and it does not seem to be going down :( hehe il get there in the end I guess :) x