PDA

View Full Version : What printer do you have/would you recommend?

EmmaReed84
09-09-2013, 11:22 AM
I did have a Kodak which was brilliant! I had no issues with it whatsoever, never dropped wi-fi signal, printed quickly, didn't jam... all in all it was a good printer... Until the print head broke. It would have cost DH more to fix than what we could buy one for (big mistake)

We bought a HP wireless printer and had nothing but problems, the WiFi signal keeps dropping then cancelling the print half way through so I am ending up with half pages of useless rubbish. I am wasting paper and ink just trying to print out observations. It took me 4 attempts and 2 reboots just to print ONE observation!

I am so annoyed with this printer I am taking it back to Tesco to get my money back, I just need to get some ideas/recommendations on what is a good printer!

Tazmin68
09-09-2013, 11:38 AM
I bought a canon printer from argos about 4 weeks ago it cost £39.99 and so far really happy with it.

Deb

EmmaReed84
09-09-2013, 11:41 AM
I bought a canon printer from argos about 4 weeks ago it cost £39.99 and so far really happy with it.

Deb

How much is the ink?

Also, do you know what the model is?

Tazmin68
10-09-2013, 09:39 AM
It is canon 3150 I am sure that argos and currys are still selling it at £39.99. With argos they were also selling the ink at 10% off if bought at same time as printer. I have just checked they are still selling it. It is red in colour. The ink is cheaper than my old hp one. It is wireless and prints on both sides which my old hp did not. So far I only have bought the two extra packs of ink from argos but have not used then yet still using the ones that came with printer. Just put everything though my books.

bindy
10-09-2013, 01:07 PM
I had a Kodak, loved it! Now have HP , hate it, always having trouble, makes an awful sound when printing, if it prints at all! Ink, even though shows lots,( costs £27 ago) the pictures looks awful and pale. Took out insurance for 3 years £43 pounds, this is printer number 2 in the last 24 months, will take it back to Curry's and change again before the insurance runs out next year. They no longer sale Kodak, only the ones left in store.

Jayse74
11-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Kodak no longer make their printers which is a massive let down! Out of all the printers we have owned, the Kodak has been the best one :)

It was costly to buy but soon paid for itself and has been worked hard earning its keep ever since. It is still soldiering on after 3 or more years.

Kodak have promised to keep selling ink carts and spares for a few more years but we shall see... I am gutted tbh! show me another printer where you can get a genuine set of black + colour carts for £20+. Epson's are around £50+ (last time I looked which was a fair while ago). two sets means £100 down.

I cannot abide Epson! We had 3 of those and they were a total nightmare. All of them were different models but had the same trait: Ink wastage - cleaning cycles for no reason and blocked heads. Never put a re-filled cart into them, it will finish them off :( unless we were just unlucky but I know of others doing the same.

lizduncan72
12-09-2013, 07:02 AM
I love my Kodak printer!! Didn't know they'd stopped selling them :( might have to stock up on ink in case they stop that too

Supernanny86
12-09-2013, 07:29 AM
I've got Kodak too and love it!!! My last one was hp and a total nightmare!! Love that the ink is so cheap for Kodak with good results! Hp ink is so expensive :((

It's a shame they've stopped selling them as it seems so many love them! :)

I get my ink from inkjungle on amazon and although remanufactured ones never had a problem, ink quality is very good and delivery and service excellent!! :)

VeggieSausage
12-09-2013, 08:14 AM
I have a Canon Pixma 560 (i think its 560) - had it for 5 years never had a problem, it has 5 separate inks like most I imagine and I order them cheap in multi packs from Inkredibles online...