PDA

View Full Version : LAs and pilot agencies

Simona
08-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Have you heard whether your LA has been successful in being selected by the DfE to pilot an agency model?

Mine has confirmed they were turned down

Give us feedback if you know anything...not long before the C&F Bill returns for debate

Stapleton83
08-09-2013, 08:42 PM
Have not heard a bean from Lincolnshire which would suggest not, that or they are just not communicating it but that said they got rid of all the development officers months ago.

Sam x

Mouse
08-09-2013, 09:56 PM
We've not heard anything, but that's not unusual.

Ripeberry
09-09-2013, 05:48 AM
******Tumbleweed***********

Memina
09-09-2013, 07:19 AM
As far as I'm aware Hertfordshire is not piloting agencies although I missed the last meeting due to being in labour lol.

There's another meeting mid October so will update if different

Simona
09-09-2013, 08:21 AM
I was told by my LA the DfE would let them know by mid July...I have been emailing them ever since and, finally, after asking a few times I got a reply last week...short and obviously given against their better judgement

Is anyone worried that some LAs are so quiet?...do you know what is going on?...do you want to know or feel it is your right to be kept updated as to future services and support?

The other question is: of the 100 interested parties who has been chosen by the DfE to pilot agencies?
we know that 4 Children have admitted they will be 'facilitating them?
anyone in @Home Childcare area? ...they have never hidden they want to pilot...any news from them?

teacake2
09-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Had an email this morning from my LA, like to call themselves entrust now a days and they have been accepted to take part in the trial, in the email it asked if I wanted to take part in the trial and if so would I like to go to a meeting to find out about it, now the nearest meeting is 30 mins drive away and as I can't drive at the moment it doesn't bode very well does it? :angry::angry::angry:
There is no mention of cost or anything and as I can't get to a meeting doubt I will ever find out till it is too late.
Teacake2

Simona
09-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Had an email this morning from my LA, like to call themselves entrust now a days and they have been accepted to take part in the trial, in the email it asked if I wanted to take part in the trial and if so would I like to go to a meeting to find out about it, now the nearest meeting is 30 mins drive away and as I can't drive at the moment it doesn't bode very well does it? :angry::angry::angry:
There is no mention of cost or anything and as I can't get to a meeting doubt I will ever find out till it is too late.
Teacake2

Thank you for your reply

I would assume all LAs who are piloting will invite cms to meetings...as you say some need 'volunteers' and will also give info on which 'model' they are trialling etc etc
If you can't go do you know any cms who will attend and can then feedback to you?

Cms need to be asking questions as everything seems enveloped in secrecy

sarah707
09-09-2013, 04:50 PM
I asked if there were any agencies in Cheshire and was told no...

Simona
09-09-2013, 05:14 PM
I asked if there were any agencies in Cheshire and was told no...

That's a relief for you I am sure!!

murrayspud
10-09-2013, 07:34 AM
*waves at Teacake2* I have had that same email from Entrust (Staffordshire) inviting me to a meeting about agencies too. I can't make any of the meetings because of the times they are being held and I am still working. I had been told a few months ago that they were not going to be part of the agencies because they didn't agree with them - obviously those higher up had different ideas!!

Simona
10-09-2013, 08:18 AM
May I suggest cms email or ring their LA and ask if they have been successful in being chosen?
If they don't reply try again...NO ONE can do it but you...

LAs may not be forthcoming with the info but those chosen will have to
1. 'inform' cms
2. arrange a meeting to tell cms what type of pilot they are running
3. if their pilot is one with cms involved they need 'volunteers'

Please lets not lose our fighting spirit

Pilots will report back in 4 months time...we need to keep our eyes open what they will be offering cms in their agency and what will be on offer for independent cms

Is there going to be equal opportunity for independent cms to operate and keep sustainable or is everything in favour of agency cms?

what about parents?

remember what Sue Robb of 4 Children said''parents may be suspicious of non agency cms@

No one can fight for us...we need to ask questions and be clear why some LAs are so keen to run an agency and support cms that way when many of them gave us little support when funded by the DfE to do so?

what has changed?

My feeling on this is that cms may not want to name their LA....eventually we will find out anyway and I am going to try and ask who they are ....why should we not know?

If you are not interested in joining an agency please attend the meetings anyway....get that information first hand.
If the meetings are not convenient ask for others to be arranged when you can attend...go and listen, don't rely on others to do it for you...take your minded children...ask for a crèche to be organized

ask questions how you as an independent cms will be supported by your LA if they are busy forming an agency??

what barriers do you see as an independent cm?

how are parents informed about vacancies? who will the FIS direct parents to: agency cms or independent ones?

When we were arguing about the access to funding many cms were uncomfortable naming their LA because of the 'good' relationships in the past
I wonder if the same will happen this time and we will be shy of naming them?

A far as I can judge...LAs do not seem to be very much on the side of cms when many continue to put barriers in our way for funding and many are now thinking of making money out of us??

Your call...please be proactive.

teacake2
10-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Hi, I have been told I can submit my questions and queries about agencies to my LA (Staffs), they have been accepted as running a pilot agency, I was wondering if any of you would like me to put your questions to them, if so just add to this or you can pm me if you want. I cannot get to the meetings about it as they are miles away from me (typical of them to do this, we are to stroppy for them), and they will get back to me after the initial meetings have been held.
Teacake2

Simona
10-09-2013, 05:51 PM
Hi, I have been told I can submit my questions and queries about agencies to my LA (Staffs), they have been accepted as running a pilot agency, I was wondering if any of you would like me to put your questions to them, if so just add to this or you can pm me if you want. I cannot get to the meetings about it as they are miles away from me (typical of them to do this, we are to stroppy for them), and they will get back to me after the initial meetings have been held.
Teacake2

Thanks Teacake2...every LA will have its own 'model' so the questions we put to you may not apply

Main thing is to find out about prices...what will they charge cms? and parents?
what service will they offer to non agency cms?
let us know if they 'warn' cms about the risk of remaining independent...what will they face without support ?
keep us posted.