PDA

View Full Version : Felt strange

tulip0803
08-09-2013, 01:56 PM
I have been childminding part-time and working part-time for 5 years now and handed my notice in to childmind full-time last month, my final day will be 3rd Oct. They put the advertisement out for my job on Wednesday last week and on Thursday a lady turned up for the application pack. Felt really odd as I was still doing the job IYSWIM. The co-ordinator was not in so I had to speak to her and explain what I do. Felt really odd - I have worked there for more than 8 years. Still onwards and upwards childminding is what I want to do full-time again it has taken me ages to get there though.

cathtee
08-09-2013, 03:40 PM
it does feel odd, I was the same when I went on maternity leave, my job was left open for me but still had to
show someone how to do the job.

sarah707
08-09-2013, 04:05 PM
wow congratulations taking the big next step :clapping:

coffee-time
08-09-2013, 06:36 PM
I did the same this year, I worked for royal mail as a driver for 18 years! was doing that 2 days and childminding 3 days for the last 3 years until this april when I gave up my RM job and am now childminding tues-fri, I have Mondays off now for my own sanity!

dawntom
08-09-2013, 08:45 PM
I have had this at work, although I haven't handed my notice in yet just made them aware of my plans. They have now found a new supervisor and everybody was told on friday. She is in work all next week and by the looks of the rotas i have already gone :(. Gutted is an understatement, but have to remember we are moving on to better things!!! Thats if Ofsted register me :).

Good Luck

Stapleton83
08-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Exciting times, I know it seems odd but just look at it as a natural progression no different to you replacing a child once they give you notice.

Good luck with the full time minding.

Sam x