PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow :-(

Kirsty90
08-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Well tomorrow is my first day back from maternity leave! To say I'm dreading it is an understatement :-( anyone got any tips on how to get through my first week? X

westbrom44
08-09-2013, 09:53 AM
I would say dont over do it in your first week and try to relax. It will soon feel like you havent had a break at all.

I always feel excited to be starting back after a break and cant wait to see the children.

Becci26
08-09-2013, 10:07 AM
How old is ur lo now? I can't remember lol!

What are the ages of the children you've got coming?

I feel your pain, I'm back to work in 3 weeks when ds will be 8 weeks old, I'm looking forwar to seeing the kids again but an feeling quite apprehensive about how I will cope with getting things done with a small baby (thinking my sling will be getting lots of use so I have both hands free!)

I'm planning on easing myself in gently to begin with, getting out to toddlers if I can but not rushing. Also planning on prepping lunch & tea before hand so I can just take out of the fridge and serve.

cathtee
08-09-2013, 10:08 AM
I agree with westbrom44, don't over do things, have a week of free play to ease yourself in gently.

Kirsty90
08-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks everyone!

She's almost 4 months now so I've had a lot longer off than you not sure I could of done it when she was only 8 weeks. Your very brave! Haha

I've kept in touch with all the Los coming back & I'm looking forward to seeing them all of the time again! Just feeling apprehensive I suppose! I'm sure once I'm in a routine I will be fine.

Thanks again everyone x

littlemiss60561
08-09-2013, 01:40 PM
My only advice is find sometime ( somewhere) everyday to stay on top of accounts/ paperwork etc as mine is 3 now and I've been playing catch up ever since!! He was quite demanding due to health reasons so ever could find the time... It was always "ill do that later" but of course we all know that often doesn't appen! Good luck and enjoy your lo still x

vikiwizz
08-09-2013, 01:57 PM
I started back from maternity leave last Tuesday with my 21 week old. I would say take it extra slow, don't over plan your day and allow yourself were possible to sit down and re group.

Kirsty90
08-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I started back from maternity leave last Tuesday with my 21 week old. I would say take it extra slow, don't over plan your day and allow yourself were possible to sit down and re group.

How are you finding fitting everything else in? (Housework, paperwork etc.) that's the thing I'm most worried about I think because I love my job & can't wait to share everything I do with the Los with my lo too. I just don't want paperwork to eat in to my spare time x

Kirsty90
08-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks for everyone's replies! In general how much time outside of working hours would people say they spend on paperwork? X

Pixie dust
08-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Just think you get to stay at home with your little one while you work. :)

AdeleMarie88
08-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Thanks for everyone's replies! In general how much time outside of working hours would people say they spend on paperwork? X

Hey I spend about 30mins during nap time writing up observations and activity thoughts, and about 2 hours over the weekend completing profiles, printing photos and sticking in art work and observations and so on! I have to do this to keep on top of my 6 folders, sometimes feel like I should be doing more though!

vikiwizz
08-09-2013, 06:39 PM
How are you finding fitting everything else in? (Housework, paperwork etc.) that's the thing I'm most worried about I think because I love my job & can't wait to share everything I do with the Los with my lo too. I just don't want paperwork to eat in to my spare time x

I have only just started minding, so it all very new to me. But I am using the Maxjournal app on my iPad. I have two under 5's of my own so I only have one more, I'm being eased in gently

The Juggler
08-09-2013, 07:21 PM
one step at a time honey. little steps. take it one day at a time.

Stapleton83
08-09-2013, 08:41 PM
Would agree with Juggler take it a step at a time, don't forget they will all have developed a lot whilst you have had a break so take the chance to use this week to do some observation and work out their new baselines in terms of development.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Sam x

miffy
09-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Hope it went ok

Miffy xx

angeldelight
09-09-2013, 10:05 PM
I hope it went ok too

Angel xx

Kirsty90
10-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Thank you everyone it went fine. I've got an easy week this week thankfully. We just had a lot of free play yesterday while the lo got used to the new playroom!

Have a good day everyone x