PDA

View Full Version : Planning and activities

adedwards68
07-09-2013, 07:31 AM
I have a 7 month and 1 who has just turned 1 both starting within a few weeks of each other. I'm unsure what planning and activities I can do with such young ones

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

moggy
07-09-2013, 07:45 AM
Look through Dev Matters 'Birth-11mths' and '8-20mths' for ideas for each Area, and follow what they are interested in- playing peek a boo, putting things in boxes for them to discover, posting things into old tissue boxes, visiting the duck pond, singing/moving to music, looking at board books, rolling balls down slopes etc etc. If you want to write down some planning you can just note a few of the above over week and then evaluate what they are enjoying and go from there.

Keep it simple- you do not need to be planning complex craft projects!

At this age just have a few things ready (like above ideas) and be ready to move on when they are done. And allow plenty of time and space for them to explore by themselves, you do not need to be 'entertaining' them all the time.

serin
07-09-2013, 09:10 AM
I have a 7 month and 1 who has just turned 1 both starting within a few weeks of each other. I'm unsure what planning and activities I can do with such young ones

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

The last column on the development matters will give you ideas. Activities can be anything from playing with a mirror(seeings their reflection) to crawling and climbing through tunnels and baby height tables. The 12 month old can start playing with lego and the 7month old can observe and learn and start holding the lego, looking at colour/feel etc. Give them a ball and develop new skills...