PDA

View Full Version : How do you know when it is diarrhea with potty trained children?

EmmaReed84
05-09-2013, 03:15 PM
**Warning, bit of a yucky thread... if you hadn't guess by the title**

I have on a few occasions had a mindee who would do to the toilet and make the most awful noise when going... IYKWIM I would check and it would not look too good either... again, IYKWIM! :panic: But because it is only once and mindee seemed perfectly fine before and after I would not make the call to Mum.

However, a sometimes when this happens (mindee may only go once in the day) my children end up a bit loose and so do I. Not full on diarrhea, but uncomfortable! I am careful with hand washing and the children can wash their own hands but when they have done a poo I always go and help them, and wash their hands really thoroughly and then mine afterwards. I also have anti-bac wipes and I wipe the flusher and then seat and throw away the wipe.

My policy states if a child goes once and it is questionable, parent gets a yellow card (a warning) the next time child goes parent gets a red card (come and collect) if a child is sick it is a red card straight away!

With nappy wearers it is easy (easier) to tell, but with toilet goers it is not so easy. So how do you know, do you wait until it is a case of soiling themselves and it goes all over or what??

AgentTink
05-09-2013, 03:42 PM
diarrhea with someone toliet trained, would show itself up just like it does with you. Stomach pains, needing to go the toilet really quickly, and then having to go the toilet again quite quickly, within an hour. I would suspect a child with diarrhea would be feeling quite off colour too, and would verbally say so.

With what you are describing, it just sounds like loose bowels. Just like some childs nappys are loose due to diet, teething etc and you wouldnt send home, then this situation in my opinion is just the same.

moggy
05-09-2013, 05:32 PM
diarrhea with someone toliet trained, would show itself up just like it does with you. Stomach pains, needing to go the toilet really quickly, and then having to go the toilet again quite quickly, within an hour. I would suspect a child with diarrhea would be feeling quite off colour too, and would verbally say so.

With what you are describing, it just sounds like loose bowels. Just like some childs nappys are loose due to diet, teething etc and you wouldnt send home, then this situation in my opinion is just the same.

I agree, if no repeated loose bowels (as in in and out of the loo a few times in an hour) and no stomach pain then it is just normal, in my opinion. Loose bowels on occasions are be very normal, just diet or one of those odd things.