05-09-2013, 12:38 PM
Question.

On Thursday I have

10 month old 8-6 term time
1 year old 8-12 term time only
Own son age 3.5

Just had enquiry for another term time place for 11-5

Can I just overlap for an hour!

She wants other days too, but all fit into my spaces, and really don't want to say no for the sake of an hour!
I used to work in a nursery and feel that I could cope for an hour! If I risk assessed it would it be fine

Can I do this?

Tia

FussyElmo
05-09-2013, 12:43 PM
Sorry but no its new business.

sprinkles
05-09-2013, 12:44 PM
I'd say no because it is new business. If she was using hours you have free and then months down the line wanted to change it could go under continuity of care but at the moment it's new business.

May be wrong though!

westbrom44
05-09-2013, 12:50 PM
I am afraid the answer is no, even for 1 hour, as it is new business.

Karen1
05-09-2013, 12:54 PM
Ok thanks for replies.

So if she came at 12 ,when other leaves, so stays in my number all fine. And then later on she wanted to up it to start at 11 and create one hour overlap this would be fine due to continuity of care!!!!!

Is that right?

munch149
05-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Yes I believe so although I always think this is a difficult area as parents could change their mind after a week and for the sake of an hour it's stupid ofsted would have ok'd it under the old rules

Goatgirl
05-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Yes that's right :thumbsup:

crazy isn't it, you'd think it would be decided on according to ability to care for child and meet their needs.... :rolleyes:

Karen1
05-09-2013, 01:07 PM
It is crazy,

It's only an hour and in the nursery (worked), I am level three, I cared for more in a bigger space etc, so know, I could do it.

So for sake of an hour will miss out on 2.5 days work!

Maybe I will see if mum will be able to change hours, or is it worth ringing ofsted to ask if an hour would be ok!

Don't want to break the rules, but just seems daft.
Not going to be doing it all the time.

Nicola Carlyle
05-09-2013, 01:21 PM
I'd say no because it is new business. If she was using hours you have free and then months down the line wanted to change it could go under continuity of care but at the moment it's new business.

May be wrong though!

This is how I see it to. I have variation most days to cover an hour or two due to continuity.