PDA

View Full Version : Moving into rented accomodation...Ofsted

nipper
05-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Hi, completely hypothetical situation (apart from the separating from stbxh bit) BUT...

Have split up from husband, he is still paying the mortgage so obviously I have to take it on. I think I can do it, but my question is if for whatever reason we had to sell up and move and I ended up renting a house, how long would it take for Ofsted to come and inspect the new place. I also know that I would need to check with Landlord that I can run my business from home as well as having a dog. Anything else I should be thinking about?

Thanks

AliceK
05-09-2013, 11:45 AM
I mind from rented accommodation and when I moved (about 3 yrs ago) Ofsted didn't need to come and inspect it, they did ask me to send in RA's and a floor plan to them but I don't believe they even ask you to do that anymore.
I told my landlord what my job was when I met him to view the property (I figured once he met me face to face he would see that I am quite respectable looking lol). I made sure I sold it to him that as registered childminders we are inspected by Ofsted and by Environmental Health so we HAVE to keep the property up to a high condition and therefore probably look after it more than your average family. I made sure he knew that I don't always have a house full of noisy unruly children and that very often I might only have 1 or 2 toddlers, some days no LO's just my own 2 children. (at school).
In my experience it's more difficult finding a landlord to accept pets. Luckily my landlord didn't mind that either, good job with 2 dogs, 2 cats and 4 rabbits. Dreading moving again and having to persuade someone else that we are really perfectly respectable people and good neighbours.

xxx

SJ35
05-09-2013, 12:12 PM
I moved house yesterday into a rented house. I rang OFSTED a few weeks ago and they sent the new certificate out which I got this morning.
No mention of a visit and when I offered to send in RA's they said no need as the do not have to be in writing anymore.
X

nipper
05-09-2013, 12:29 PM
Oh wow, that's great. Better than I thought.
Thanks for your replies!

munch149
05-09-2013, 01:02 PM
It can be done quite easily if you can find the right house/landlord I rent, childmind and have a dog

sarah707
05-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Ofsted don't always inspect - but not all landlords will be ok with childminding from their house x