PDA

View Full Version : Head lice letter

migimoo
05-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Can anyone point me towards a good 'head lice in my setting' letter please?

I was helping my 14 year old DD with her hair for school this morning and spotted some unwelcome visitors...she is now sobbing hysterically on her bed bless her!

Also what is the best treatment besides,of course conditioner and comb as she needs to be in school tomorrow and as I will need treating I can't sit and do that to myself?

Pretty sure I know who's brought them in and will be checking her today.

beckygrey
05-09-2013, 07:19 AM
I brought a nitty gritty nit comb which is excellent it even gets the dead eggs out bit more expensive than the other ones but worth it, as for the letter im not sure

migimoo
05-09-2013, 07:25 AM
We both have naturally curly hair so this is gonna be fun!

Can't stop itching now:(

migimoo
05-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Right....got some treatment shampoo and seperate conditioner and have just treated DD...saw lots float away down the plughole and loads of eggs on the comb so will repeat every few days.

As for myself the water ran clear and DD can't find any eggs in my hair so fingers crossed i'm clear.

I gave all of the parents a letter this morning and they weren't best pleased...2 of my LO's have afro hair and their mums were concerned how they were supposed to comb theirs through with a fine comb-any ideas?

My poor DD is mortified...she's so embarrassed that someone will find out bless her!:blush:

charlottenash
05-09-2013, 10:27 AM
I had a friend at school with Afro hair who had to have it shaved off because of head lice, absolutely terrible things!

smurfette
05-09-2013, 10:39 AM
Ah poor dd ..

We had this two years ago and were mortified, still don't know where they came from but myself and three dds all got them, we all have long hair and girls had just started new school
So I had to go in and tell them! We tried all sorts and only treatment which worked for us was full marks and it cleared it straight away so might be worth a try! My parents weren't best pleased either but can't be helped, one was pregnant and worried about the chemicals In house

AliceK
05-09-2013, 11:03 AM
I have had a couple of mindees with them in the past. Luckily my own children have never yet had them, I use Tea Tree products on their hair which is meant to be a deterrent so could be that. Anyway if any mindees have them I just send a quick note home to all mindees saying that a child in the setting has them and can all parents check and treat immediately if needed. I then have a little bit that says I do not exclude for head lice as long as the child is treated immediately. I will then call / text parent of the child who has them and tell them their child has them so that they can have time to pop to the chemist and get something to treat with before they collect. I do not mention names to any other parent so only the parent with the affected child will know it's their child. I would send the same note home should I ever see head lice in one of my own children. There's no need for anyone to know who has them IMO. I'm paranoid if my head starts itching and am always getting OH to check me, then when he says "No there's nothing", I say "Are you sure? Check again." :blush:

xxx

Tazmin68
05-09-2013, 12:20 PM
If you go on nitty gritty website you can print off a voucher which you take to doctors and get comb on free prescription
Debbie

migimoo
05-09-2013, 03:00 PM
I haven't named who has the lice as I wouldn't if it was a mindee so don't see why this should be different.

Will be treating DS and DH tonight and stripping all the beds too....DD still upset.

sing-low
05-09-2013, 04:28 PM
Hugs to your DD.