PDA

View Full Version : Multi-agencies

Lisa_Ann
04-09-2013, 07:40 PM
Hi all, couple of questions. What are multi-agencies and their roles? I understand that they can be health visitors schools early years practitioners etc but is there an explanation of what they are and the roles they have ? X

moggy
04-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Hi all, couple of questions. What are multi-agencies and their roles? I understand that they can be health visitors schools early years practitioners etc but is there an explanation of what they are and the roles they have ? X

Is this part of a course question? Would help if you gave the whole question.

What is the context of the name 'multi-agencies' that you are referring to? 'Multi' would just refer to 'many', and 'agencies' can just be other bodies/groups/teams/professionals. Their roles are specific to each one- so 'Social Services' could be an agency involved in a child, and they have a specific role, which you know etc. I do not think you can say there is a role to describe all agencies as they are each different. You could give some examples, though, if it is a course question you are doing.

Simona
04-09-2013, 07:57 PM
This will help you to understand what it means...another word for it is Integrated Working where different professionals come together and each input their expertise to help children and support them

Multi-agency working - Children and young people (http://www.education.gov.uk/childrenandyoungpeople/strategy/integratedworking/a0069013/multi-agency-working)

Lisa_Ann
04-09-2013, 08:25 PM
Thank you both. Yes it's a course question and it is 'demonstrate your knowledge and I understanding of the remit and roles of multi-professional agencies and the support they can provide. I think I'm over complicating it. I have included in my answer that working together with different professionals will enrich the outcomes for children and mentioned Victoria climbe and introduction of EYFS but I think I am waffling a bit and losing the importance of the question. Xx

Simona
04-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Thank you both. Yes it's a course question and it is 'demonstrate your knowledge and I understanding of the remit and roles of multi-professional agencies and the support they can provide. I think I'm over complicating it. I have included in my answer that working together with different professionals will enrich the outcomes for children and mentioned Victoria climbe and introduction of EYFS but I think I am waffling a bit and losing the importance of the question. Xx

Oh no ...you are very much on the right track
If all agencies had worked together and communicated the tragedy of Victoria Climbie may have had a different outcome...same for Baby Peter and some of the most recent cases.

Lisa_Ann
04-09-2013, 09:27 PM
Thank you Simona. I seem to be in the flow of it now. Such a shame more lessons can't be can't be learnt after such tragedies. Xx