PDA

View Full Version : What planning does everyone do?

adele1985
04-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Just had a meeting with the lady who will be doing my learning and development ordit

looked through the kids development files - I do a baseline assessment every couple of months to see where each child is at and then from that I do an individual learning plan stating what activities could help them improve in each area of learning

As well as this I do monthly planning which is just a list of things we could do each month depending on the topic and child's interests and I also do a monthly evaluation

The lady today suggested I go bak to my original planing which was weekly and also covered each area of learning but I'm not sure I want to I can't seem to get my head around what activities I could do for each area our topic this month is all about me we have made pictures of ourselves and made thumbprint biscuits up to now just can't seem to this of what areas they would go it

I'm good at linking activities to the areas of learning once we have actually done the activity not so good at thinking of the activity first if that makes sense

kellyskidz!
04-09-2013, 02:01 PM
I do weekly planning but only because my previous job was a nursery nurse so its all I've ever known and I found it easier to carry on with what I knew
I struggle for weekly planned activities too but have realised that anything can be classed as an activity, we do them anyway its just a pain writing them up with an outcome and next steps blah blah :blush:
I've used things like singing, nature walks, even sitting down at lunch time and preparing own food as an activity plan because there's learning opportunities within these things and I like to keep it simple!x
I also ask other cms or old work colleagues for inspiration, or use websites like happy hooligans,which I cant recommend enough!