PDA

View Full Version : Please help

emmalou2007
04-09-2013, 11:51 AM
So, I hope I've posted in the right place.

I have been childminder for 10 years and I'm totally at a lose with the baby in my care!

I have a daughter of my own who is 17 months and I've had a 19 month old since march. They both get on great.

I took on a 12 month old at the beginning of August and have regretted it ever since.

My little one and the 19 month old get on so well but have been ver settled by the new one. She cries constantly unless she's being held which I'm sure you can understand I can't do all the time when I have the others too. It's impossible to go out and do anything since I've had the extra one because she just cries no matter what I do.

I've had twins and triples before but this is a total nightmare. I want to terminate the contract ASAP but not sure how to go about it.
Has anyone had an experience with this? What did you do?

Thanks

sarah707
04-09-2013, 05:17 PM
If a child is unhappy it will impact on you all - but mostly on the little one who will not be learning or developing well because his wellbeing is low.

I'd ask parents in for a meeting and explain as gently as possible that their lo is not happy and they need to look elsewhere for care.

What is your termination period in your contract? You need to go with that.

Hugs x

The Juggler
04-09-2013, 08:11 PM
good advice from Sarah. I have perservered with 3 children for a few months and it's settled down. However, only you know your own limits about what you can take and how much you can relate/bond with the child whilst you are struggling (feeling stressed, not looking forward to child coming).

I'd have a word with parents and explain why it is so bad for the child and maybe he'd be happier elsewhere, more settled in a different type of setting but maybe (if you are preprared to) offer to give it one more shot and a definiate end date to see if things improve.

hugs hon, I have been there and it's hard. I had painkillers on hand and wine for the end of the day.