PDA

View Full Version : Chores

Tealady
03-09-2013, 10:34 PM
My 9yr old before school mindee came for a day session yesterday. He very proudly told me he no longer watches telly in the morning but now does chores and that he and my own children should do the same here.

So Ladies and Gents, any suggestions of what to assign them? ;)

donna porter
04-09-2013, 05:06 AM
My own 8 year old gets the breakfast things ready in the morning and he sometimes does the hoovering and brings the bins in for me. He's quite good at putting a wash on too. All when he can be bothered tho lol

Roseolivia
04-09-2013, 07:05 AM
Wash the brekkie pots
Make the beds.
Sweep the floor
Give them a duster

TooEarlyForGin?
04-09-2013, 07:47 AM
My 9yr old before school mindee came for a day session yesterday. He very proudly told me he no longer watches telly in the morning but now does chores and that he and my own children should do the same here.

Can I have him please.....

fionamadcat
04-09-2013, 06:36 PM
My kids empty the dishwasher every morning and make sure there is toilet roll, soap and face cloths in the downstairs toilet. They have other jobs to do but they do them after school and weekend

ziggy
04-09-2013, 07:12 PM
My 4 yr old mindee started school this week and makes his own packed lunch at home before he comes here!

sing-low
04-09-2013, 07:18 PM

Wow, your children are going to love him!!!!!!

Chores: make your bed (pjs folded under the pillow), get snacks and other stuff ready for school, unload and then reload the dishwasher, making sure to empty clean crockery out before loading dirty!

nikki thomson
04-09-2013, 07:34 PM
Gosh what a lovely thing for him to say, have to say though I'm just to OCD to get the kids to do stuff, emptying my dishwasher!!!!!, everything would be smashed, they can't reach where anything goes so all they could do really is put the clean pots on the side, don't see the point tbh.
Emptying bins a no no because of bacteria and everything as I dettol the bin after every bag and they just wouldn't do it, hoovering well the dyson ball is so heavy to manover they can't do that, I do there lunches as I need to know what's going in it, making there beds errrr no I like it done properly everything of sheets straightened duvet and pillows fluffed etc, they have clean pjs every night anyway so can't even do that so really no mine don't do anything but I'm just really fussy, I'd rather do it myself and then I know it's done properly, but that's just me, I'm abit weird lol. X

smurfette
05-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Gosh what a lovely thing for him to say, have to say though I'm just to OCD to get the kids to do stuff, emptying my dishwasher!!!!!, everything would be smashed, they can't reach where anything goes so all they could do really is put the clean pots on the side, don't see the point tbh.
Emptying bins a no no because of bacteria and everything as I dettol the bin after every bag and they just wouldn't do it, hoovering well the dyson ball is so heavy to manover they can't do that, I do there lunches as I need to know what's going in it, making there beds errrr no I like it done properly everything of sheets straightened duvet and pillows fluffed etc, they have clean pjs every night anyway so can't even do that so really no mine don't do anything but I'm just really fussy, I'd rather do it myself and then I know it's done properly, but that's just me, I'm abit weird lol. X

Ah yes but they have to learn to do it themselves at some point! Lol! Mine do the dishwasher empty and refill it sometimes twice a day if its a busy one, make their own lunches (only buy healthy stuff and we check what they have put in and if they have enough) and feed the animals ,, at the weekends they tidy their rooms, Hoover the stairs and landing and help dust and clean the glass doors., they will
Need to do it all themselves when they are grown up and I feel me working at the pace I do allows their treats activities and holidays and I can't do it all alone it's a family effort and we all benefit!