PDA

View Full Version : funding advice needed asap!!

3 little ducks
03-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Have registered for offering free funding all set up but no one to take up funding yet. tonight a parent of a new mindee who starts tomorrow has just asked if they can use funding with me instead of pre school. i think thats fine but am i right in thinking that we couldnt claim now till next term, i.e after xmas as deadline for estimates for this term has already passed. Is it only full terms you can claim for? :huh:

Tazmin68
03-09-2013, 08:17 PM
It depends on how your la works it. In bham we do estimates just prior to term then have a head count middle of term. The only issue is that should a child start after estimate deadline like i have with one about to start it means that i will not get the usual 80% payment in September and i will have to wait until i list the child in October head count then i will get all the term money in December where it would usually be the outstanding 20%
Deb

3 little ducks
03-09-2013, 08:22 PM
ok, our LA pay in 2 lots 2, maybe i should call them and find out how it works. Thanks. :)

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2013, 09:13 PM
Because of the new regulations and SG our LA has extended the deadline to 19th Sept. Might be worth calling yours for clarification

Simona
03-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Every LA will have a deadline for providers to send the list of children who can claim funding ...this is called a census
Children are eligible the term after their 2nd or 3rd birthday.

When all the census forms are collected the LAs will calculate how many children they need to fund.

Call your EY team and ask...my deadline is 19th Sept as well
Make sure they have your bank details and ask when you are to be paid.

For the spring term the same will apply ...you send the list and so on and on.
Hope this helps

blue bear
03-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Our estimates went in in July, we will do a head count end of September/beginning of October.

JCrakers
04-09-2013, 07:31 AM
My deadline is 20th Sept so its worth checking and I have a mid term adjustment in November but don't know how to add children who start late (ive not done that yet)