PDA

View Full Version : how to charge

jashol
03-09-2013, 06:58 PM
For a lo aged 6 after school only and no holiday care needed one week it 3 days a week the next week it only 2 days from 310 pm until 5.30 pm

sprinkles
03-09-2013, 07:21 PM
For a lo aged 6 after school only and no holiday care needed one week it 3 days a week the next week it only 2 days from 310 pm until 5.30 pm

I would charge for the 3 days each week, but it's up to you. I would ask if there's any chance they will need care in the holidays at all, if not then I wouldn't charge a retainer but make them aware you may not have space if it did happen that they needed care. I charge retainer for little ones during holidays as it's full days and the one I have may need care during holidays so wanted to pay so she has the option. I pick her sister up but don't charge retainer for holidays for her. If it was at the point where I only had one space left during holidays I would give mum option of paying retainer and let her decide...knowing that I may not have space if she doesn't.

QualityCare
03-09-2013, 07:29 PM
I would just charge for the hours used but start from when l leave home not when school finishes, l don't believe in taking part time children on and then charging for hours that are not required.

jashol
03-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Thank you ;)

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2013, 09:10 PM
If I was holding the 3 days then I would charge 3 days. parents shifts are usually the same but that doesn't go for holidays - eg if you finish summer hols on a 2 day it could be you go back on a 2 day and the same for 3 days.

I look at it that this is my business and as such it has to pay.