PDA

View Full Version : Advice re sickness please!

alex1604
03-09-2013, 05:34 PM
After some advice please...

I only have 2 mindees, brothers aged 3 and 5. They arrived yesterday morning after a weeks holiday and mum said they had both been sick in the car on the way home but that she thought it was travel sickness and they'd been fine since... I was a bit dubious but being too nice I let them stay.

Since about 3pm today my 2 year old has been being sick. He's begging me for water and I give him the tiniest bit and then he's sick again. He's never been sick before so I just don't know what to do. The nhs website says to let them drink as usual but surely he's just going to keep throwing it up.

Also don't know what to do about mindees tomorrow, mum said she'd be surprised if it was them who gave it to him as it was two days before they came but it's just too much of a coincidence to me! Do I say they can't come and not charge? I have a feeling it's going to be a long night... I'm also 22 weeks pregnant so really hoping I don't catch it too!

Kiddleywinks
03-09-2013, 05:46 PM
This is the problem with sickness :(

You cannot prove where your LO has caught the bug - suspecting is one thing, proving it's another, so sadly, yes, you must close for until 48 hours have passed after the last sickness bout, and if your policies say you don't charge if you're closed, then you can't charge.

The reason for sickness isn't the issue, (teething, travel, ate too many sweets, drank too much milk yadda yadda yadda :rolleyes:) it's the germs that are brought up from the gut and exposed through minute droplets that are the problem, these can be transferred so easily, which is why sickness goes rampant.

Hope your LO is better soon x

moggy
03-09-2013, 05:52 PM
...mum said she'd be surprised if it was them who gave it to him as it was two days before they came but it's just too much of a coincidence to me! Do I say they can't come and not charge? I have a feeling it's going to be a long night... I'm also 22 weeks pregnant so really hoping I don't catch it too!

So they came to you 48hrs after their last bout of vomiting?
If so then they are following the NHS guidelines anyway so you have no grounds to blame them.