PDA

View Full Version : minimum age for an assistant

ajs
12-07-2008, 04:23 PM
does anyone know what the minimum age for an assistant has to be

my son does ****** all at the mo as he's not at college over the summer i was wondering about registering him to be my assistant so he can collect the older kids from school and look after them while i have the younger ones.
it also does away with my problem that i have about having too many children and needing a variation

sarah707
12-07-2008, 05:43 PM
This is the guide to registration from Ofsted -

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/assets/Internet_Content/Shared_Content/EYD/Files/Type_B_CM_guide.pdf

It doesn't say that I can see, sorry! xx

wendywu
12-07-2008, 05:52 PM
I thought i read somewhere on another thread that you could be an assistant at 15 but could not be left alone with the children untill you had been CRB checked at 16.

miffy
12-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I think there was/is another thread about this with the age mentioned - sorry can't remember what it said though

Miffy xx

wendywu
12-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Not been on the wine already then Miffy.:)

miffy
12-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Not been on the wine already then Miffy.:)

No, sadly can't blame it on that - just my age :(

Miffy xx

ajs
12-07-2008, 11:14 PM
thanks all for your help

he is already crb'd so i will call ofsted on monday and see what they recommend.
x

wendywu
12-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Has he been CRB which they do because they are over 16 and live in the registered house. But if they want to be assistants they send out an enhanced CRB form. I have just filled in two for DH and DD.:)

ajs
13-07-2008, 07:47 AM
yes he has been crb'd wendy as he's 17 i think i'll fill out a cm2 and take it from there
of course i haven't told him any of this yet, but he's doing nothing else and i need the help so he doesn't really have a choice

miffy
13-07-2008, 07:50 AM
That will be a nice surprise for him won't it.

Are you going to pay him?

Miffy xx

ajs
13-07-2008, 07:58 AM
minimum wage for a 17 yeard old is about £3.60 so if he dos help me i could probably pay him about £5

he's very good with the babies but not so patient with the older ones although he's going to have to improve if he wants money.
and i will have to set the rules very firmly before we go for it

miffy
13-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Sounds good - don't tell my ds!

He has gone to work this morning, driving our car which we've taxed, insured and filled with petrol and I've given him £5.00 for his lunch/drinks etc so think I'm going wrong somewhere! :laughing:

Forgot to mention as it's Sunday he's on double-time!!!!!

Miffy xx

ajs
13-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Sounds good - don't tell my ds!

He has gone to work this morning, driving our car which we've taxed, insured and filled with petrol and I've given him £5.00 for his lunch/drinks etc so think I'm going wrong somewhere! :laughing:

Forgot to mention as it's Sunday he's on double-time!!!!!

Miffy xx

i think i took the same wrong turning, sam bought himself a new wallet yesterday (with his own money i am glad to say) but it wasn't quite right (no where to carry coins) so i gave him the £5 to upgrade it even though i told him that i wouldn't
is it mum's and their sons or mums in general
i am much tougher on the girls with money much to david's disgust

miffy
13-07-2008, 08:31 AM
I just think I'm a soft touch (and I blame Richard cos he's much tougher than me so I'm over-compensating! :laughing: )

Miffy xx

ajs
13-07-2008, 08:40 AM
I just think I'm a soft touch (and I blame Richard cos he's much tougher than me so I'm over-compensating! :laughing: )

Miffy xx

lend us a £5 then

i agree i am terrible i will never be rich as i spend so much on trash for the kids then complain they have too much trash

miffy
13-07-2008, 08:41 AM
lend us a £5 then

i agree i am terrible i will never be rich as i spend so much on trash for the kids then complain they have too much trash
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have - I bought you some alphabet playmats!!!!!!!

Miffy xx

ajs
13-07-2008, 08:43 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have - I bought you some alphabet playmats!!!!!!!

Miffy xx

oh you are a sweetie
but i am paying you back for them i promise:clapping:

miffy
13-07-2008, 09:31 AM
oh you are a sweetie
but i am paying you back for them i promise:clapping:

Now, you know I didn't mean it like that! :)

Miffy xx

wendywu
13-07-2008, 09:48 AM
Sorry Mandy you didnt understand what i was trying to say. Both my DH and DD have been CRB checked. DD only 3 years ago as she is 19. On the CM2 form they ask if the applicant has been CRB and has Ofsted seen it. I answered yes as i was only inspected in March and the inspector looked at both of them.

So i sent off the CM2 form and they sent back a letter stating that they would have to do an enhanced CRB for them to be registered as assistants. They also put the forms in for me to complete. THis was a very quick turn around about 4 days.

It is very nerve wracking as they only send one form per person so no room to make mistakes.

By the way DD no 2 will be 16 in Feb. How long in advance do you think i need to apply for her CRB. MY friend got marked down on her inspection as she ahd sent off for her daughters CRB but it had not arrived yet.:panic:

Tatia
31-07-2008, 08:23 AM
OFSTED sent me the forms for my DDs CRB. She turned 16 on 23rd of December while we were away in The States and the packet was waiting for us when we got home just after New Year's.

That doesn't seem fair that your friend was marked down for having to wait for a CRB when she sent it off as soona s her DD was 16.:mad: And now I'm really worrying cos I've just got my DDs ready to send as I forgot all about!:rolleyes:

donnahay0
31-07-2008, 09:06 AM
M son is 17 and is just about to take his driving test in a few weeks time - which might I add I paid for. He has got himself a little car and didn't quite have enought for inusrance - which i might add again I paid for (said it was a loan).

He was told that he would have to get a job now but didn't really do much about getting one. Anyway I typed up a cv for him, drove him into town and we went round the shops asking for application forms.

A couple of days ago he got a phonecall from supermarket followed by an interview & he now has employment from Friday this week.

I think he is chuffed to bits and wanted a job all along - he was just too nervous to sort it out and needed a little helping hand.

Now my other son who is only 14 can't wait to get a job - I only wish I could pay him to help out.

My daughter who is only 11 is making stacks of money with her friends washing cars - I can't believe it they got £10 for washing a car when they were only charging £3.00. To be honest they probably didn't even do a good job.