PDA

View Full Version : wish i had a sensible business head

ziggy
03-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Minding friend's 3yr old for 3 days this week as she dismissed her daily nanny.

She is looking for a new minder as I dont have a permanent place.

I was shocked to hear amount other minders in area are charging.

I have just increased hourly rate to £3.50 per hour but only charge £20- £25 for full days if full time.

Other minders charging £4 and dont offer daily rate. So my full timers would be paying up to £36/£40.

Having said all that I am full and all mine bring own food/snacks but just made me think am i being too soft? Or if I charged such fees would it be worth parents working???

I have 3 boys from same family so there bill would be alot more with other minders

sprinkles
03-09-2013, 01:22 PM
The average in my area is £3.50-4 but I only charge £3.50. I'm new so hoped that being on the lower end would help but no such luck really. I think if you and your parents are happy then that's all that matters. Do you really want to raise fee and risk losing parents if you're happy with your income at the moment?

But then I'm too soft too haha!

ziggy
03-09-2013, 02:44 PM
The average in my area is £3.50-4 but I only charge £3.50. I'm new so hoped that being on the lower end would help but no such luck really. I think if you and your parents are happy then that's all that matters. Do you really want to raise fee and risk losing parents if you're happy with your income at the moment?

But then I'm too soft too haha!

It wouldnt be fair to increase my fees by such a large amount. Plus one parent would go back to nursery if I charged any more. I'm more than happy with what i earn at the minute but i was quite shocked at difference in prices

sprinkles
03-09-2013, 03:33 PM
It wouldnt be fair to increase my fees by such a large amount. Plus one parent would go back to nursery if I charged any more. I'm more than happy with what i earn at the minute but i was quite shocked at difference in prices

Yeah I'm not sure how some get away with charging so much but suppose it depends on the area.

karen m
03-09-2013, 05:02 PM
I charge £4 and have never been asked about a daily price . I have charged this for 6 years now

vikiwizz
03-09-2013, 05:05 PM
It really does depend where you live. I'm in Bracknell and the difference from one side of town to the other is between £1-£2